genuine card?

Purely in the interests of broadening ones knowledge for experimentation purposes only - open up windows calc.

1. Click the view menu;
2. Select Scientific;
3. Decimal should already be selected;
4. Enter your decimal Number;
5. Then Select Hex and the decimal Number is changed to a Hex number - bingo good to go.

is this the calculator in windows xp, as the one i have in windows 7 doesnt seem to relate to this at all.

dont see "decimal" and i dont see "hex"

is this the calculator in windows xp, as the one i have in windows 7 doesnt seem to relate to this at all.

dont see "decimal" and i dont see "hex"

Select "programmer" instead of scientific.

ok figured this out on the calculator. but the boxkey didnt clear the channels using cccam. i then found nds boxkey v2.1 and it gave me a completely different number.

why is that, any ideas?

Deedie just downloaded windows 7 calculator:-

Open this up and it appears to be set as "scientific". Click on "mode" to check and as radioclash indicates change to "programmer". It is set to decimal as default.

Then just type in your serial number that you can get from your slybox using remote > settings button > scroll to settings > system details > serial number.

Now type this in to the calculator if the serial commences with a zero it will not be displayed in the calculator but that shouldn`t effect your BK.

Once the numbers are entered just click the "hex" button and that will give you your bk.

Make sure that you carefully enter the alpha/numeric keys correctly (dont mix up letter O for 0 (zero) etc. Letters are A-F only. If you only display a 7 digit just put a 0 (zero) as the first BK number.

Then enter that into the spider and it ought read the card very quickly. Make sure that you save the BK when you are exiting from the relevant screen on the spider.

The receiver may get its criticisms in some quarters but it reads an NDS card brilliantly imho.

Any problems post back mate.

as i said. i figured it out on the calculator. but it didnt clear the channels. my question was, why does the nds boxkey generator give a completely different number?

Sorry deedie cant answer your question as I have never used any kind of generator online or otherwise. I have used the calculator based "generator" for my own and a few of my my mates boxes and it has never let me down.

Sorry deedie cant answer your question as I have never used any kind of generator online or otherwise. I have used the calculator based "generator" for my own and a few of my my mates boxes and it has never let me down.

ok cheers.

whats the minimum i would need to put in a cccam config just to clear the channels, and do nothing else. just so that i know what the correct boxkey is.

btw, i dont have a spider box, this is for a dm500s. didnt want to make a new thread just to find out something that seems to be very simple

To be honest starting a thread in the DM section might well be the best thing as members here will mostly be Spiderbox owners and they are very dissimilar.
There is also the point that other DM users with the same question will be able to read the replies you get saving another thread on the same question.
Wish I could help but the DM500 is not a receiver I have used.

ok cheers.

whats the minimum i would need to put in a cccam config just to clear the channels, and do nothing else. just so that i know what the correct boxkey is.

btw, i dont have a spider box, this is for a dm500s. didnt want to make a new thread just to find out something that seems to be very simple

Deedie different ball game mate. You need to enter the bk in the cccam.cfg file. Not sure if this is 100% accurate but you used to have to clock the frequency so that it does not overheat. From memory its not difficult just ftp to the box edit the config file but better ask in the dreambox section as Jimmi says as its been a long time since i done it.

Good luck mate. No joy post back I will find a tutorial.

Back