Gemini 4.3 Freezing on start-up

Tobycat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there,

I managed to flash Gemini 4.3 onto my DM7020. The only way I could do this was to (see attached file)press the lower button on start up, then flash an image by entering the IP address (from the LCD display) inot my browser (for me this was http://192.168.1.4). After flashing I rebooted the unit and did aflash erase on start up (by pressing the top button when the logo appeared). I got everything running, even managed to download Cccm 2.08 from the server.

However, I found that when I turned the power switch off and then on again, the Gemini screen freezes during 'enigma loading'. The only way to get back in was to do another flash erase, and start all over again.

Would appreciate if someone could tell me what I need to do to sort this little problem out.

Cheers.

Last edited:
maybes you have a corrupt image on m8. try and flash another image such as nabilosat or pli and see if it still does it

EDIT>>>4got to say m8 use dreamup and do a flash erase before flashing new image,then when asked if you want a flash erase done when flashing selec yes.

you should always flash use dreamup when flashing a maxvar image and never flash wizard pro

Last edited:
I wanted to use Dreamup mate, but the serial port on my PC must be defective and my laptop doesn't have one. So I resorted to the procedure above, which I must admit look too simple to be true. I can do everything I want and have it set up great, but the moment the power goes off there is a problem on reboot.

Go Newcastle.

lol you need to use dreamup to sort it m8 and get a working image correctly, you can buy a usb/serial converter to use on a laptop,i did.

can you not borrow a laptop or take box to friends/family with a desktop pc m8?

OK, I can get a USB/serial adaptor. Still, I'm curious to know what the problem is with the procedure I used.
Thanks m8, advice appreciated.

i use the same method as you to flash a 7020 m8, its simple like that, howerev, after the initial flash i didnt do anything else, no holding the up button and erasing the flash or anything. try it again, loading like you have, then once flashed leave it at that, setup as needed and see what happens from there m8

I just solved the problem guys. Would ya believe something simple like not shutting the unit down properly (using shutdown on the menu). Just clicking the power off button is not good enough. This is obvious to all you guns out there but no to a dumb ass like me.
Thanks for your comments digidude. This procedure is so simple it's a doddle ! I won't rush out and get that USB-Com converter, will have lunch with my returning girlfirend tomorrow instead.:Doc:
Cheers, it's ended up a good week.

Last edited:
When I was doing the flashing of my boxes, I always used flashwizard pro for multiboots. That way you always install a new image as second or more options to test it first, was handy back when one of the gemini versions had many faults. If you dont have a hdd to install multiple firmwares too, you can stick a usb pen drive in the back of your dmbox. Also, flashwizard runs completely over network cable, no need ever again to get up to your box and hold down the button...

Hi again Doc. As per my other post I can't get Flash Wizard to run, although backing up services and Telnet connection tell me the LAN is working OK. It would be nice to know the problem in case other come up with the same thing.

Cheers m8.

Back