Gemini 320 Dm500

Devilfish, sorry to be a pain but this dosen't flash with flashwizard pro 6.3

do i need to ftp this into the box or use DCC

sorry for being dumb mate

Ftp the backup.img file to the /tmp folder.

Telnet to the box (START > RUN > Telnet <ipaddress>) (root > dreambox)

Copy and paste this command into the window and return.

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

do I have to do a manual scan, if so how to I get it to scan the transponders?

Crazy

I just selected 'automatic transponder scan' then 6952 for TW and then start scan. It should lock onto a transponder then hit start again.

I've only got 6900 and 6875??

Whys that??

Edit - 'all known transponders have been tried but no lock was possible. Verify antenna/cable setup or try another satelite/newtwork'

Confused??

Crazy

Last edited:
Ftp the backup.img file to the /tmp folder.

Telnet to the box (START > RUN > Telnet <ipaddress>) (root > dreambox)

Copy and paste this command into the window and return.

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

:Clap:

You the man:banana:

:Cheers:

I've only got 6900 and 6875??

Whys that??

Edit - 'all known transponders have been tried but no lock was possible. Verify antenna/cable setup or try another satelite/newtwork'

Confused??

Crazy

Crazy, I had the same, i ftp'd into it and it looked as though it only has sat service files

Download Devilfish's image and rescan once it's on your box

edit, even easier, listen to the expert:)

I'm having trouble with this image, i can't seem to get any channels, if i use dcc to restore my services all the channels and bouqets are there, but when i select a channel i get the 'switch no service found' error message. If i do a scan it locks onto a transponder. Then scans but finds no channels after searching 150 transponders.

I tried setting up this image on my own last nite with the same results. Thought it was something i was doing wrong, so tonite i thought i'd try devilfish's backup. But i have ended up with same results.

I just don't know what i'm doing wrong, i have setup a few images in the past on my own. Ihave been running gemini 2.90 since it's release. I have tried a few images, but always gone back to it for one reason or another (mostly stability and NAS compatability), i'm desperate for a change and this sounded like a great update of gemini! Please help me out guys:confused:

Thx devilfish

Its a lovely image nice n stable and more importantly it takes 10 minutes to scan perhaps even less !

trying to use this cant get it going, i can see the free channels like bbc etc, but all others say 'cant decode' any ideas what im doing wrong?

trying to use this cant get it going, i can see the free channels like bbc etc, but all others say 'cant decode' any ideas what im doing wrong?

Do you have an emu activated?

Press the blue button, select common interface, then the right button on remote to select either mgcamd, evocamd or newcamd. Then press Green to save and activate it. Go to a BBC channel for a few minutes, then to a premium channel like sky sports 1. Should clear ok.

I'm assuming you have an image with keys and roms already installed? Did you download the image using the link in my previous post or is it a raw image?

If you download the image I uploaded (link in previous post) you should be able to just flash and scan for channels.
Just thought i would add my bit, tried to flash this to try and nothing flashed right, no services, no cables file and no cams, not even auto cam activated. May be a problem with using flash. So got full image and re installed cams and now ok.

Hence the reason for using dream up??????

Since I took that backup, I have had 3.10 back on my box to check a few settings and then flashed 3.20 back across. I backed up the image using the telnet command and flashed it again using FWP! All settings reflashed ok. A few other people have tried the image and it's been ok for them.

I've always said these things are a black art ;)

has anybody else experianced the same problems as me with this image or does anybody know how to solve them?

has anybody else experianced the same problems as me with this image or does anybody know how to solve them?

I tried devilfish's backup, it loaded over ok, but there was no services, bouquets or cams loaded over ??? Then i did exectly the same again and everything was there this time and working fine ??? But have now used dream up for the basic image and set up how i like it.

when i load this image then import my services with dreambox edit/dcc all i get is switch no service error message, and even if i do a scan it locks onto a transponder but finds nada.

I tried devilfish's backup, it loaded over ok, but there was no services, bouquets or cams loaded over ??? Then i did exectly the same again and everything was there this time and working fine ??? But have now used dream up for the basic image and set up how i like it.

I had the same as this the first time i tried devilfish's backup, tried flashing over again with the same file and it worked bouquets cams and all, but still couldn't get any channels to work!

Back