Gemini 320 Dm500

lol talk about milking the cow, the cows gonna become a goat if were not too careful.

Nah seriously cheers chaps, for the backup images and all the help too:)

LOL, like a kid in the sweetie shop:)

LOL, like a kid in the sweetie shop:)

What I find even more hysterical is that in the descriptions bit Westkill already wrote :

Description

GEMINI 3.20 MAX VAR IMAGE
WITH BRUTE FORCE FOR UK CABLE
EVOCAMD 2.11 AND MGCAMD 1.15
USE DREAMUP FOR THIS IMAGE

Like he knew it before u said it rofl :banana:

Wow...been away all weekend! This is a nice surprise! Will go and see if I'm allowed to play with the box ;)

westkill, could you do a back up so that i can use flashwizard as my lappy doesn't have a null modem connection?

cheers

im not sure if you can with a max var image if u can even though its a backup
as zaf said in the begining of the thread use dreamup for this image you might be able to ftp it not 100% sure devilfish or some one could let u no on that one ,dont want u to lock your box up m8.:FRIGHT:

i have no serial port on my pc i had to get one of those usb to serial 232 adaptors.

Hmm ok slight snag here, I used Dreamup and erased the box and then went to flash and browsed to your backup image but it wont highlight or see your My_Flash_Image_Backupgemini.3.20maxvar.fw2 file.

I think it can only see bin/img files ?

can you update by doing a manual software update in the menu?

i.e. copy image to tmp directory on dreambox, then rename to foot.cramfs then select manual software update.

My old pc packed up and I don't have any serial ports on the new one?!?!

Just worried that I'll balls it up and can't fix wthout serial port!

Hmm ok slight snag here, I used Dreamup and erased the box and then went to flash and browsed to your backup image but it wont highlight or see your My_Flash_Image_Backupgemini.3.20maxvar.fw2 file.

sorry about that dreamup only takes image files not fw2 files ithink lol:
not sure if a mod wants to move that upload gemini 320
enless gredders way works
sorry chaps trying to do 2 things at once here .: shocked2

you beat me to it, same problem here!

How do we flash this image using dream_up??

Crazy

If it's a .fw2 image then you have to use FlashWizardPro 6.3 to flash it.

Just out of curiosity I flashed the .fw2 that westkill uploaded to downloads and so far all seems ok. Well, lol, I used DCC to transfer my services & bouquets across but the bouquets never arrived. Services are there but no bouquets. This has never worked for me so wasn't really surprised.

I don't know why it says you have to use DreamUp?

Service scanning is a lot faster than 3.10. Don't know if it's my eyes, lol, but I think the picture is better too. What do you guys think?

OK...got a lot of bouquet building to do :(

What I find even more hysterical is that in the descriptions bit Westkill already wrote :

Description

GEMINI 3.20 MAX VAR IMAGE
WITH BRUTE FORCE FOR UK CABLE
EVOCAMD 2.11 AND MGCAMD 1.15
USE DREAMUP FOR THIS IMAGE

Like he knew it before u said it rofl :banana:

He's just teasing me:Laugh:

I want to play with this new image:)

Ach well, patience will have to prevail:Clap:

im not sure if you can with a max var image if u can even though its a backup
as zaf said in the begining of the thread use dreamup for this image you might be able to ftp it not 100% sure devilfish or some one could let u no on that one ,dont want u to lock your box up m8.:FRIGHT:

i have no serial port on my pc i had to get one of those usb to serial 232 adaptors.

LOL, just as well or my missus would be upset at missing corrie and easties.

Trust me it wouldn't have been pretty: whip :

Well....................

If it's a .fw2 image then you have to use FlashWizardPro 6.3 to flash it.

Just out of curiosity I flashed the .fw2 that westkill uploaded to downloads and so far all seems ok. Well, lol, I used DCC to transfer my services & bouquets across but the bouquets never arrived. Services are there but no bouquets. This has never worked for me so wasn't really surprised.

I don't know why it says you have to use DreamUp?

Service scanning is a lot faster than 3.10. Don't know if it's my eyes, lol, but I think the picture is better too. What do you guys think?

OK...got a lot of bouquet building to do :(

Cheers for the clarification, I am going to give it a try tonight:Clap:

Same here, gonna use flashwizard and flash it tonight and see how it is :)

Thats once the fam have finished watching Eastenders and co :Clap:

Here's a backup of my image. Flash using Dreamup.

All setup for Scotland TW with bouquets and mgcamd 1.15.

Hope it saves someone time.

Last edited:
cheers mate, as i am currently trying to get a scan lock but no joy

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

I'm right in saying that 6900 for telepest??

Been a while since I messd with my dreambox - thanks to Liam (wherever you are) for his guide as I had forgotten most of it!!

Crazy

Devilfish, sorry to be a pain but this dosen't flash with flashwizard pro 6.3

do i need to ftp this into the box or use DCC

sorry for being dumb mate

do I have to do a manual scan, if so how to I get it to scan all the transponders as only letting me do 1 at a time???

Crazy

Last edited:
Back