Gemini 320 Dm500

Hi Guys,

I'm having a few prob's with this image.

Was previously using Wiggy's but thought I'd give Gemini 3.20 max var from downloads a go as I had trouble mounting NAS on wiggy's.

I flashed the Gemini 3.20 max Var from Downloads - but image failed part way through so had to use Dream-up to restore box.

Everything seemed to work OK when I flashed the image using FWP although I had to FTP the cables.xml back to the dreambox. The file was there but when I went to do a scan, didnt get Bruteforce option. When I FTp'd cables file replacing existing one (the file I transferred was bigger), the scan seemed to work perfectly. As others have commented, around 10 mins for a scan. Woo hoo.

However, although the scan appears successful, and have multitude of channels listed in services, none of them are working - just get a blank screen.

Is the image in the downloads a raw image that needs keys to be installed?

If so, can anyone help on what I need to do?

I saw that there was a backup image posted with Keys in this thread. If I FTP this using flashwizard pro, will this work? I'm in NThell area, South London. Understand image was for TW in Scotland.

Sorry for basic questions. Never really grasped the evocam bit.

Cheers for your help, Oog

Hi Guys,

I'm having a few prob's with this image.

Was previously using Wiggy's but thought I'd give Gemini 3.20 max var from downloads a go as I had trouble mounting NAS on wiggy's.

I flashed the Gemini 3.20 max Var from Downloads - but image failed part way through so had to use Dream-up to restore box.

Everything seemed to work OK when I flashed the image using FWP although I had to FTP the cables.xml back to the dreambox. The file was there but when I went to do a scan, didnt get Bruteforce option. When I FTp'd cables file replacing existing one (the file I transferred was bigger), the scan seemed to work perfectly. As others have commented, around 10 mins for a scan. Woo hoo.

However, although the scan appears successful, and have multitude of channels listed in services, none of them are working - just get a blank screen.

Is the image in the downloads a raw image that needs keys to be installed?

If so, can anyone help on what I need to do?

I saw that there was a backup image posted with Keys in this thread. If I FTP this using flashwizard pro, will this work? I'm in NThell area, South London. Understand image was for TW in Scotland.

Sorry for basic questions. Never really grasped the evocam bit.

Cheers for your help, Oog

Hi if you use the backup image you will only need to scan as the keys are already in use flashwizard pro 6.3***********

I've been using Wiggys image basically from day 1, I like the now and next info bar ,but sometimes when watching sky sports the picture would break up(prob not the images fault)
so thought I'd give Devilfish's gemini 320 a go,
Backed up my image using flashwizard pro, then flashed new image using
Dreamup,
all went well, only thing is where I once had a now next info bar ,I now dont even have a now info bar,(get no EPG available),
I can still get a channel epg by pressing the red button,
is there a setting somewhere that i've overlooked, its just that its good
to know whats on the channel when I'm flicking through

Now and Next on the infobar mostly doesn't work on the Gemini images. Some people have said that it works sometimes on some channels but for most of us it doesn't work.

So instead of pressing Info to bring up the infobar...you press RED to see the epg for the whole day! What's the difference?

Thought I'd missed a setting thats all, I can live with it specially if it helps sort out the picture breakup I was getting before, time will tell

Forgot to mention! Are you in Scotland by any chance? Cause I get breakup on Sky Sports 1 no matter what image I use. As well as other channels on that transponder.

Now and Next on the infobar mostly doesn't work on the Gemini images. Some people have said that it works sometimes on some channels but for most of us it doesn't work.

So instead of pressing Info to bring up the infobar...you press RED to see the epg for the whole day! What's the difference?

The now and next works ok for me, just takes about 5 seconds to come on when switching channels. I might be one of the lucky ones that it works ok, but think I enabled the dishnetwork epg for it to work. (blue panel, extras, epg and tick enable dishnetwork epg.)

Forgot to mention! Are you in Scotland by any chance? Cause I get breakup on Sky Sports 1 no matter what image I use. As well as other channels on that transponder.

Yes m8, lanarkshire,
Guess I'll live it then

Finally got Gemini working. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Now to try and mount that bl**dy NAS drive!

Cheers, oog

Sussed it sorry.

For any other newbies, click tv, then red button for all services.

Navigate to channel that you want to delete and click on the menu button on remote. You then get option to delete channel.

Cheers, Oog

Back