garmin xt uk map

catts

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please please

can someone please point me in the direction of a uk map and it's ID please
I have loaded the software onto my phone, but i can't see the maps. I have looked everywhere.
I would like to give the phone with the maps loaded to my son for xmas

thanks

Nice post blackbeard. Appreciate the reply. Dont know if catts has tried it, no response. Im playing about with the Omnia so gonna give it a go. Already got google maps and tomtom going. Reps on your way m8

hi
i found some software that ginds the map id from within the .img file.
anyhow i need to get a new sd card as i have loaded and uninstakked garnin so many times when i click on the gstmin icon on the phone nothing happens

Hi, garmin maps are not put on your device like other satnavs.

You have to install Mapsource on to your PC when you install the maps (they are one and the same package). You then select from your map (on the PC) the areas that you want to install on your device ie UK, Europe, just Wales etc etc.

You then save this custome map pack to your device.

Of course when you install your maps to PC they then have to be unlocked by Garmin or unlocked by a naughty naughty very naughty third party unlocker. Once they are unlocked on your PC they can be added and removed as much as you want without having to do it again.

Give me half an hour I will find some links.

messa

tried installing garmin again, but when i click on the icon on the phone the splash screen appears and then disappears. any ideas ?

Back