glic83

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, friend of mine has the above mentioned,this is the info he has given me

Garmin Nuvi 300
Software version 4.10
Audio version 2.20
GPS SW version 2.80

It hasnt been updated since he bought it a few years back,i presume (hope ) thats its possible to update this model for "free",and if so, does anyone know what type of card that it takes?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Glic once you download and unrar all the files you should be left with a gmapsupp.img,then you write that to your sd card,once written to check if it's done correctly first press tools>settings>map>map info then hopefully if it's gone right lol CN Europe nt 2012.40 will be ticked

Right ive told my m8 to buy a 2gig SD card so i can put the maps on that for him,does it have to be a sd or can it be micro sd with an sd adaptor?
2nd thing will the card always have to be in the sat nav? or can the files on the sat nav be written over?
3rd should he update the firmware its currently on the orignal a few years old or will that make a difference?
Thanks again m8

Right ive told my m8 to buy a 2gig SD card so i can put the maps on that for him,does it have to be a sd or can it be micro sd with an sd adaptor?
2nd thing will the card always have to be in the sat nav? or can the files on the sat nav be written over?
3rd should he update the firmware its currently on the orignal a few years old or will that make a difference?
Thanks again m8
I used a sd card with an adaptor,I always leave the original base on the unit and use the ones on the sd card,so leave the sd card in the unit,yes update the firmware it won't hurt too

Worked a treat m8, put it on my m8's satnav there on thursday worked straight away, i take it that the same maps can be used on a 250 bought in 2009 and never updated?

Worked a treat m8, put it on my m8's satnav there on thursday worked straight away, i take it that the same maps can be used on a 250 bought in 2009 and never updated?

Yes glic sorry only just noticed I hadn't replied

lol, no worries m8 it worked great on both of them, thanks for everything ;)

Back