Garden Strimmer wire?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've got a Flymo strimmer and like most people I find that the strimmer wire snaps very easily and I'm constantly having to feed more wire through - very annoying.

Does anyone know of a really good quality wire that would be stronger?

I've considered opening an electrical cable flex and stripping out one of the cores and using that, lol.

I've got a Flymo strimmer and like most people I find that the strimmer wire snaps very easily and I'm constantly having to feed more wire through - very annoying.

Does anyone know of a really good quality wire that would be stronger?

I've considered opening an electrical cable flex and stripping out one of the cores and using that, lol.

its a problem that befalls many of us lol

i use them on a professional basis mate (not flymo, honda), i'll see what make our gear is mate and get back to ya :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Don't bother with the copper wire mate i actualy tried it lol not only did the strimmer viberate like a giant sex toy but the wire snapped even easier then the proper stuff.
i just got the thickest heavy duty one they do, bright purple but still snaps at the sight of a nettle

I'm using some I got from Wilko last year was reduced to 50p for 2 coils and it is friggin ACE. Had some really thick stemed weeds growing when we moved into the house and just got that on it and hey presto chopped them down and never snapped. Often have to give a little more but never had to rethread it back through

the ones with the actual blades look the dogs bollocks but they will be expensive!! :( see if i can steal one from somewhere lol

i don't work for the council, just incase one goes missing tomorrow lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

carbon based stuff is the best it frays at the ends rather than snapping i used to work for a landscaping firm a few years back but i forget what they used jewsons used to sell it. Stihl do some decent nylon based cord.

Take the safety guard off, put on some safety specs and watch that baby fly!!

Back