games on hard drive

marsh1234

Inactive User
Reaction score
is it poss to down load a game onto hard drive then transfer to another ps3 hard drive

if u can surf the net on the ps3 (in theory) could u not dl utorrent or the like and dl games onto the ps3 hdd?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

if u can surf the net on the ps3 (in theory) could u not dl utorrent or the like and dl games onto the ps3 hdd?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you can download onto the hard drive using linux. but when using linux on the ps3, this is installed into a seperate partition on the ps3 harddrive. ps3 game os can not access the linux partition. meaning that you cant download anything into the ps3 side of the hard drive.

and you cant download and install anything using the browser on the ps3

ok mate so they've thought that through aswell then lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i dont think it will be this side of christmas tho unfortunatley :( hopefully sooner rather than later

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Hi, PS3 newbie here,
would it be possible to copy the whole hard drive exactly? by taking it out of the ps3 and using a pc to copy everything and make an exact copy ? I don`t if sware exists to do this.

Its just I am thinking of upgrading the 60gb drive at sometime and have quite a few downloaded games on it.
I can`t really re-download using another of the 5 downloads as the games have come from my mates account ..

If not I`ll just stick to the 60gb for now.
thanks

Hi, PS3 newbie here,
would it be possible to copy the whole hard drive exactly? by taking it out of the ps3 and using a pc to copy everything and make an exact copy ? I don`t if sware exists to do this.

Its just I am thinking of upgrading the 60gb drive at sometime and have quite a few downloaded games on it.
I can`t really re-download using another of the 5 downloads as the games have come from my mates account ..

thanks

not really sure if its possible mate. maybe at some point it will. but not sure if its possible yet.

ps3 hd

Hi, PS3 newbie here,

thanks

its poss to changeps3hd as conections are standard pc ones sony did this so its easy to upgrade in future and it seemsto be easy to do but would wate till out of warntee just incase by then hard drives will be so cheap anyway m8:Wave: i think you could deff back up your hard drive m8

Last edited:
its poss to changeps3hd as conections are standard pc ones sony did this so its easy to upgrade in future and it seemsto be easy to do but would wate till out of warntee just incase by then hard drives will be so cheap anyway m8:Wave: i think you could deff back up your hard drive m8

I would defo do it IN warranty, if you somehow broke it, you just put the original back in and send it back to sony !! They can't tell so no harm no fowl !

I would defo do it IN warranty, if you somehow broke it, you just put the original back in and send it back to sony !! They can't tell so no harm no fowl !

Thats more like it why would you wait till the warrent runs out if you fck it up you need to buy another :proud:

Think 60 Gid Hard Drive Is Enough At Mo But Poss Future Upgrade And Wont Sony Know If You Have Opened Ther Machine Thus Void Warranty The Only Thing Is If Games Could Be Loaded Onto Hard Drive In Future 60 Would Be To Small

DO YOU MEAN 1 TERRORBITE THATS OVER KILL BE COOL THOUGH

Terabyte yeah, how can It be done? Any links. Im getting ready for the future, when I can load blu-ray movies via the HDD. Why not get started Now....Rite this minute.

Standard Ports Inside Ps3 So In Theory Easy Good Idea But Not Untill Its Worth Doing When Its Cracked When You Can Load Up With Games Hope It Will Be Soon From Wot I Have Read Ps3 Is A Machine That Will Be Around For A While As It Seems To Be Pc Baced And Fullyup Gradable

i dont think there is even a 1tb internal drive yet(not for sale anyway) . so no i cant be done. but you could use an external drive.

Back