games on hard drive

According to reports 1TB laptop drives (2.5") should start to surface in 2010 - and by 2011 we should have about 4TB desktop drives(3.5") and 1TB plus laptop (2.5") drives.

It all relies on the further development on vertical (perpenticular) bit storage to increase drive space as the number of platters and the size of platters reached a max a year or so ago, so now they have to record in vertical stripes instead or horizontal ones.

I agree that 60GB is ample for now - I have filled mine with loads of crap and still have 20GB free (and I have Heavely Sword which grabs several GB just to play!!). I would prob look to a 200 - 250 GB in a year or two wehn the PVR stuff kicks in.

For record the largesty 2.5" HDDI can find is a 250GB one but the 300GB is due soon.

Cheers

Moose

do you know what vat has to be on your external drive for the ps3 to read it?

Not 100% but I would assume Fat 32 as there is little to no chance MS wo0uld let other devices (esp by Sony's PS3 ;O>) read NTFS volumes. So would Guess Fat 32 100% and fat 16 poss.... but you would not likely have fat 16 anyhoo.

just a guess mind :D

yes they are available for desktop pcs. but try fitting that in to your laptop or ps3.

they both use 2.5" hard drives, i dont think thats a laptop hard drive in the link.

awryt m8 sorri didnt know ps3's took 2.5" HDD's

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Think 60 Gid Hard Drive Is Enough At Mo But Poss Future Upgrade And Wont Sony Know If You Have Opened Ther Machine Thus Void Warranty The Only Thing Is If Games Could Be Loaded Onto Hard Drive In Future 60 Would Be To Small

if you look at the left hand side of your PS3, you will see the HD bay, they have put it there so you can easily upgrade the HD ! they want to sell you HD upgrades in the future but they do not want you chipping your machine, hence it's easy to up the HD but not to take the machine apart !

Back