Galaxy S5?

I moved to the galaxy s4 after years of being an apple user.
The s4 in my opinion walks all over the iphone and i will be upgrading to the s5 in july.
This is a must app if you like to watch films and shows on your android device : Show Box app! Free Movies and TV-shows on your Android device

if you untick "use internal player" after selecting a film/show you can watch in full screen!

I absolutely hate iTunes with a passion and found 'iTools'. It makes things a lot simpler. I know you've moved over to Android now, but for others still not sure about making the leap, iTools may help with sticking out a contractor something. Just drag and drop!

I moved to the galaxy s4 after years of being an apple user.
The s4 in my opinion walks all over the iphone and i will be upgrading to the s5 in july.
This is a must app if you like to watch films and shows on your android device : Show Box app! Free Movies and TV-shows on your Android device

if you untick "use internal player" after selecting a film/show you can watch in full screen!

been using showbox for a while after someone on here posted it, its great, i also use beamit as a player to send the film to my smart tv
so i just select my film/show beamit loads and starts to play, i click beamit button select my tv( i think you can send to xbox as well never tried it tho) and my tv play the stream.

The more Im getting used to Android the more Im liking it :)
not missing my iPhone at all at the minute :)

The more Im getting used to Android the more Im liking it :)
not missing my iPhone at all at the minute :)

I never thought id move over to android m8.
I wish i had years ago, no need to jailbreak as you can get apps/games for free from places like appdroid, you can customize you phone using launchers like nova launcher which i use.
i have rooted my phone so i can use link2sd and folder mount.
these 2 apps let you install apps/games to the sd card so you dont use memory space on your phone.

i dont think you will regret moving to the s5 rat, i love the s4 and will be upgrading to the s5 in july despite a slight increase in size.

Another plus for android over Apple is if you download the livesport apk you can watch sky, bt and other sports on your phone.

sports app for android

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I right in saying if I have Un ticked show notifications from the app in notification manager then that app won't use data when on 4G ? Or is it something else needs turning off ?

It's the start of my new month today and I checked this morning and it was 0 data used

I did not use 4G while out this morning (I know this for sure) when I checked lunchtime over wifi I had used 2mb of data :err:
I can see via the phone data menu what apps have used it and it's apps I've not even opened/rearly use :err:

2mb a day for nothing is like 60mb a month

What am I missing ?

yeah I did @MH is there a quick way on andriod to remove all app notifications? I dont want the apps constantly searching Facebook, twitter etc etc and using up unnecessary data during the day while not connected to wifi
I would rather open the app when I want to see notifications

Sent From My Galaxy s5

Go into settings then usage. you may have to press "More" in the list.

View which apps are using the unnecessary mobile data.

Once you have identified the app, tap on it and scroll all the way down to the bottom. Check the box “Restrict background data”. This will prevent the app from accessing your mobile data (it will still work in WiFi).

Spot on mate :) there was loads in there from when I first got the phone lol will keep an eye on that ;)

Thanks Shaun rep added mate

I think Andriod is better than Apple.. however, its a personal preference. S5 is a good phone.. but doesnt have much on top of s4 in case you want to save money!

This worked great :) not used a bit of unnecessary data since changing these settings, I've been checking. @shaun127 :) thanks again mate

Go into settings then usage. you may have to press "More" in the list.

View which apps are using the unnecessary mobile data.

Once you have identified the app, tap on it and scroll all the way down to the bottom. Check the box “Restrict background data”. This will prevent the app from accessing your mobile data (it will still work in WiFi).

Back