Fujitsu Laptop Problem

sniper214

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys i have a fujitsu amilo 7830 laptop and the screen isn't coming on my mate says the screen is ok and the graphics card is ok but he doesn't know what the problem is. Can any of you guys help me on this? many thanks.

ello m8
What do you mean not comin on? As in when you boot the m/c you get nothing at all? No boot screen? Or You see a boot screen then it goes blank once windoze loads?
If you see a boot screen, then it goes blank, try booting to safe mode & check the display settings.
If your not seeing anything at all, then it could be the panel....
Has the lappy got a VGA output? Or TV output? In which case try connecting to one of the outputs, to verify that its the panel at fault...

Hope that helps...

when i turn the laptop on the fans come on but i can't hear anything else working so i connected it to an external monitor and nothing happened.

uhuh I c....so your not getting anything from the m/c.
No boot screen nothing..??? You don't get any beeps from it either?
Does the HDD activity light come on?
Is the battery seated OK? Some lappy's won't boot if the battery is not located corrcetly.
If the HDD light is not flashing then it sounds to me more like a power supply type problem....

Last edited:
The power lights come on but there doesn't seem to be any activity from the hard drive light the battery charge light flashes so there is power to the laptop.Any ideas?

Yer...I'm thinking psu internal in the lappy itself, if the hdd isn't spinning up probably no 5v...
As a nagging question, how did your m8 tell you the panel/graphics card is ok..??? If the thing won't boot at all.....
One thing you could try, is to remove the battery & try booting it....(with the mains connected of course...)

God knows how my mate came up with that one anyway it does nothing with the battery removed either so i think its looking a bit grimm init?

Sorry...I got way laid last nite...
Yep, it's not looking good, how old is the unit? Any possibilty its still under warranty? If not then have a look around for a repair agent....might get expensive thou'...

when i turn the laptop on the fans come on but i can't hear anything else working so i connected it to an external monitor and nothing happened.

on your laptop do you have to press anything on the keyboard to go into external display mode? e.g. Function key and one of the Function Keys like F8?

Hi and not that i know of i think it should display anything when it is switched on but i think there is something seriously wrong now as i thought it was coming on before when the fans started up but it wasn't only the fans were coming on.

open it and clean all the shite out of it, sounds like a prob i had and the inside was full of dust and crap, the fans/heatsink,cpu are all close on the fujitus and it plays hel with them when they over heat because of the crap, i had to buy a new hd as mine had died before i realised what the prob was. cleaned it out and replaced the hd not had a prob since.

i have had it open earlier on and there was hardly any dust i took the heatsink off as it had a little dust in it and i noticed around the cpu the mother board was very magnetic, i thought it was unusual as the screws came off my screw driver and jumped onto the board. Does this mean anything do you know?

Hi heres a suggestion try wiggling the screen backward and forward to see if theres a dodgy connection .
If still no joy try replacing the small cell battery on the motherboard ,as i had the same problem with a fujitsu laptop and worked a treat after i re-newed the cell battery.

Back