FTP onto DM800HD Using wireless bridge

green_sat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone give me quick instructions on how to FTP files onto the DM800Hd box using wireless bridge. The DM800HD is set to DHCP.
Do I need to set a static IP address in the DM800HD box?

Many Thanks

if its on the same network you would just need to find out what the i.p is for the box at the time you want to ftp. you should be able to find this in the box's menu somewhere. i wouldnt know about where in the menu as i have never played about with dreambox's.

many Thanks for your prompt reply I tried the ftp://DM800 and it did not work. been in the menus in Network but see IP address as NA??

maybe try superscan ? here depending on your setup click me so its looking at the right i.p range and set the to i.p to xxx.xxx.xxx..xxx254 then scan it will list all the ips on the network your scanning. its an arse about tit way of doing it but if you cant find your i.p any other way might be worth a go. also have you looked in your router to see if that has a list of the i.ps connected?? personaly i would enter the i.p manually and you would know for sure.

Many thanks for all the help I have managed to change the IP by turning off DHCP and then turning it on. This has now given the dM800 box a valid IP on the network I believe.

Back