FTP guide

or the simpler way..

check the ip address of your box by going in expert setup and communication setup and write it down, it would be something like 198.165.1.3

now go to your pc, control panel, network connections, highlight and right click onto your network connection and select properties.

now highlight Internet Protocol TCP/IP and then properties. you will see the "obtain the ip address automatically" option is selected. So select the "option the following Ip address" and type in the IP address as 198.165.1.2 (which is one less than your box's IP address)

now press ok and that all sorted on the computer side..

now go into FXP and go to site manager.. name the profile as dreambox.. add your boxes IP address which was 198.165.1.3 (may be different on your box) enter user ID as root and password as dreambox and then apply and then connect..

you will see that on the right hand side window the folders of your box..

on the left hand side the files on the computer.. select and hightight the file you want to transfer and then right click and then select transfer.. make sure you have selected the correct folder on the right hand side before transferring the file..

it will then ask you that the file exists and what to do with it.. select overwrite and that would be it..

good luck bigman.. any questions please ask..

thanx for guide but when i try to connect via fxp its say connection faild but i can connect with dcc( dream control) does this file transfer with dcc?

thanx for guide but when i try to connect via fxp its say connection faild but i can connect with dcc( dream control) does this file transfer with dcc?

tried with dcc and does the trick it works for me/ i put new au in var/keys and rebooted on sky sp. thank you for help.

Back