FS: Pentium D 2.8 1GB 250HD PC

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys i built this pc but cant get windows to install. Tried so much but no luck now i've decided to flog it (problem is it gets stuck on 39% of the installation) Changed ram, nothing happens, cant be bothered changing anything else (aint got no money). got it 3 months ago all parts cost me £280 total. If a techie can find the problem and fix it then its yours for £150 inc delivery. It also comes with a DVD Rewriter and i can throw in another stick of 1GB Ram which is untested. Its a very simple case, quite small. Just the base unit you get. Any questions, just ask. will post picture in a bit.

have u tired instaling a diffrent os

nah mate i thought it might have been the RAM, got brand new ram and its the same. tried different xp cd's as well. but to be honest i cant be bothered. it was for a mate that i built. gonna use the cash from this one to just buy him a cheap computer. he only uses it for web browsing.

its most likely the hardrive thats fooked. Happened to me when i first build my PC it got stuck formatting , tried a different hardrive and worked fine.

PS. sorry its off topic

yeah i reckon hd aswell ;)

try a cheap old hard drive to make sure m8y

well the hard drive formats alright and all the files copy alright. hmm dunno. still for sale tho lol i dont have any spare hard drives.

PS its an IDE HD

Not interested in repairing it guys i've already made enough loss in terms of money. just wanna get rid. or even swap for your old machine if you want.

Fdisk in order to clear the boot sector. i know you want rid now but thought i would just add my bit lol.
is it onboard graphics card, if not please let me know whats in it.
Thanks

Back