Fridge/Freezer HELP

PollyPhfiller

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a BEKO CDA653FS Fridge/Freezer its 4 and half years old,At the moment the fridge is not cold at all reguardless of adjusting thermostat and now the freezer is slowly getting warmer

the fridge is well ventilated,Ive also put my hand on the back and its hot.................................. too hot to touch if i,m honest

my gut feeling is that is ready for the scrapyard,Am I right is it worth repairing if it can be?

possible the compressor or thermostat has gone,think it maybe cheaper getting a new one,the time you pay an engineer too sort it

Heres customer helpline see what they can do for you Tel: 0870 774 1050

Last edited:
i may be wrong,but i'm near sure a fridge has a 5 year guarantee,maybe it's a new rule on the consumers act but i deffo think i read it

worth checking and finding a receipt ?

Sounds like it needs a re gas mate. Not a big job for a fridge engineer but it begs the question does it have a leak?

Could be the compressor has gone or the gas has escaped somehow , can you hear the compressor running at all ?

Give the compressor a few gentle taps with a hammer

If the rear condenser is very hot and the fridge is warm:

1. Condenser dirty/clogged.
2. Air circulation fan has failed.
3. Lack of air around the condenser.
4. Defrost circuit anomaly.
5. Refrigerant low.
6. Compressor failing.

The compressor/condenser are supposed to get warm, but if they get too warm, cooling can no longer function at the evaporator stage :(

Chances are, the compressor is running until it overheats and trips the thermal cut-out (you can check this with freezer spray as it should fire straight back up if the thermostat is fine)

Their aren't many components to a fridge and, with it pulled out and its guts exposed, shouldn't be too difficult to find the fault..

It all depends on how desperate you are to avoid buying another one :), although heat pumps (which is basically what it is) are normally very reliable..

i may be wrong,but i'm near sure a fridge has a 5 year guarantee,maybe it's a new rule on the consumers act but i deffo think i read it

worth checking and finding a receipt ?
Actually, a little known fact within the UK is that ALL items for sale should be fit for purpose and therefore are expected to work for at least 6 years (Limitations Act)...People don't know this as retailers prefer to sell you an insurance policy for the same cover..

Last edited:
We have been having quite a few problems with our american style ge fridge freezer only to find out ge no longer operate in the uk and that service company who use to contract their work out had gone into administration we called a few company out in the london area noteable one well known company they do a bt of plumbing they were all absolutely useless, if anyone reads this keep this in mind anyone who says they dont charge a call out charge is telling porkies in that how do they make a living they could see ten people for the day and none want their machine to be repaired another thing if you called someone and they dont even know where the bar code or serial number is situated on your machine that could be a clue they havent got a clue. In the end by a stroke of luck we got in touch with this company agsrefrigeration they service the london and surrey area they came out and found that the relay to the compressor was faulty which they replaced saving us hundreds of pounds.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back