Freeview Dongle (Trial)

I haven't got mine yet, but at least I have peace of mind you lot are getting yours and this isn't some personal details harvesting site

Re: Freeview Dongle (Trial) Drivers

Heres the drivers extracted from the MSI file so you dont have to install GABBIT's crap.

My first post ;) enjoy

cant get dongle to install with any of the drivers.

Can't understand this. Why would they send these out if so many people can't install them? It does work for me using blaze, but I seem to be one of the few lucky ones that got it working at all.

I managed to get mine up and running in windows media centre.

After a lot of faffing about I have finally got this to work with Win7 x64 using Media Centre and also the latest beta of DVBViewer. Channel change is a bit slower than my KWorld DVB T-100, but can't complain for a freebie.

Thanks Dang3r for the standalone drivers that finally worked. :Clap:

got mine yesterday installed it and running through windows media win7 but why is it in anolgue and not digital? plus scan for channel on my external aerial getting about 6 channels but get all of them on my freeveiw box

got mine today, and what a load of shit it is, doesnt pick up any channels in newcastle using the aerial provided, works slightly through windows media centre but still crap, what use if any do any of you have for this, as i cant find any, lol...

tvcatchup just makes these obselete!!!

got mine today not had a play with it yet take it by the post's that there shit and need to download msi driver's for it to work??? with most dongles they should have the drivers in built why not this one is it cos its free, also take it the areail that comes with it you need to live next door to the local tramsmitter to pic up any kind off picture...will give it a go the weekend an post a verdict looks likes its going to be a bad one even for a free gift.

Got mine Today,will have a play tonight after work:proud:but reading the sheet that came with it the best results are around London,im nowhere near there so i wont expect much from it

Over 34 and signed up anyway, can be age prejudice surely only a dongle.
See what comes of it Freebies are good.

Good luck mate, I have not recieved mine yet and judging by the comments made here glad I have not recived it :)

After a lot of faffing about I have finally got this to work with Win7 x64 using Media Centre and also the latest beta of DVBViewer. Channel change is a bit slower than my KWorld DVB T-100, but can't complain for a freebie.

Thanks Dang3r for the standalone drivers that finally worked. :Clap:

Any clues to the 'faffing' that got it to work?
Using Win7 (64 bit - thought that was was the problem, with the drivers?) and Win media centre, tried gabbit too.. no joy so far..

The problem i had with WMC every time i did a scan for the channels it would always fail. I just go to the tv guide now and sellect a channel and it just works :err:

nice one im all signed up,
hope they dont expect to much in the way of feedback, and no way am i going to any meetings in person im far to lazy.

Just add a quick play using media center to view the channels, a patch lead from my out side feed picking 72 channels up works very well. Is there a way off decoding the topup tv feeds so can view them for free???? will have a better play with it later

Any clues to the 'faffing' that got it to work?
Using Win7 (64 bit - thought that was was the problem, with the drivers?) and Win media centre, tried gabbit too.. no joy so far..
I tried all sorts of instal, run as/not as administrator, all combinations of compatability mode - drivers appeared to instal but would not tune any channels. Got a few PC crashes on the way.

Then I installed the driver upped by Dang3r (see post #44), still no joy so I did a driver update and pointed it to the exe file extracted from Dang3r's zip file, still no joy, but after I rebooted it worked.

Shows up in device manager as 'Telegent DVB-T and Analog Capture Device'. If it shows as 'Telegent USB' then the drivers are not installed properly.

The Telegent server installs a whole host of other stuff, when I finally got the drivers working I found that my installation of AC3Filter had been knocked out by a previous uninstal of the server software, so had to re-instal AC3Filter.

Back