Freeview Aerial?

hmmm, i might need a new areial myself ..are they easy to install urself ? i might have to send ..her in doors up the ladders ...

I am planning on putting an aerial up for freeview, I want to split this to my 3 upstairs bedrooms, do I need a high spec aerial considering I have an unobstructed view of the Roseneath mast, probably about 4 or 5 miles over the river clyde as the crow flies. Argos do one for a tenner with good reviews.

If your that close to the transmitter with unobstructed view then you really shouldn't have a problem. You could probably get good reception with a coathanger !

If your replacing the Aerial, then make sure you get one that has the correct group for your area (or just get a Wideband to cover all the groups - often called group W). You should be able to find info for your local transmitter frequencies via google etc if you need to check which band your in.

For splitting, your signal needs to be reasonably good but a simple 3-way powered amp should take care of your needs.

you will be able to pick up an ariel that is suitable from maplins or any where like that and argos for a powered splitter amplifier

edogg

what does the "transmitter's" look like ..& how do you know where ur nearest 1 is ?..........( are they like a great big sat dish's u see on the phylons )

what does the "transmitter's" look like ..& how do you know where ur nearest 1 is ?..........( are they like a great big sat dish's u see on the phylons )

They can vary from fairly small discrete repeaters to the rather larger main transmitters like Winter Hill.

The Sat dishes tend to be for Microwave communications rather than terrestrial. You may see them on some terrestrial masts being used as the point-to-point uplink or they may simply be installed on a "convenient" mast for other purposes.

Winter Hill Transmitter

For a real geek fest, here is the UK transmitter gallery:
_http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/index.php

Back