FREE Fonera Wifi Router

Free Wireless router

Just found

http://www.fon.com/1yearold/

uk link at bottom of page

apparently they're giving away free wireless routers. It looks like a wi-fi sharing thing, you agree to share a chunk of your bandwith for other users if they're in your area and you can use any other fon user's bandwith for free if you use it.

Just orded mine.....

Its being looked at to be hacked aswell:

http://blog.blase16.de/2006/11/28/Hacking-Fonera

Last edited:
Wifi Arrived This Morning

wifi arrived this morning 15/2/07 from spain. so at least we know they are on the way.

i got mine this morning, not sure if im even gona set it up though, as my laptop is shagged so i have no wireless devices at prescent, so if anyone has anytrouble getting one let me no and i will send you my one, as currently i have no use for it. looks pritty snazzy though

i just got mine about 10 minutes ago i'm gonna set it up soon and let people know what its like

just got mine be a day or 2 before i can get it setup.

just had a look,it seems the modem supplied by nthell hasn't the right connections or am i being thick
seems the modem only has 2 connection.1 standard and 1 usb which according to the instruction book is not suitable arghhhhhhhhhhh
anyone know what sort of modem i need ,i'm on nthell broadband using their 200 seris modem at the moment. advice would be appreciated

Last edited:
Received mine this morning white and small cheers !!

just had a look,it seems the modem supplied by nthell hasn't the right connections or am i being thick
seems the modem only has 2 connection.1 standard and 1 usb which according to the instruction book is not suitable arghhhhhhhhhhh
anyone know what sort of modem i need ,i'm on nthell broadband using their 200 seris modem at the moment. advice would be appreciated

I'm guessing by looking at the pictures on the net that you have to plug this into a proper wired/wireless router, it just seems to be an access point as such.

I've got 2 on the way, hoping that I can somehow use it as a wireless bridge between a friend, as I can see his house from mine, may need a directional antenna to boost the signal thou :)

Waiting on the development of OpenWrt on it :)

you plug your ethernet plug from cable feed in then you connect via a seconed socket(which mine doesnt have) back tp your computer ,so basicly your broaband feed runs straight thru and what ever % you will let others use goes to to wirless sender .(i think lol) summat like that anyway but i could be totally wrong and if i am i'm SURE someone will correct me lol

Received mine today and just finished setting it up on my Netgear router.

Works as stated on website, a wireless ap device.
Minimum bandwidth throttling is 512K.

You can now give your friend a free Fonero once registered.

Time to start hacking it!! ;-)

So can i split feed from modem then plug to router then do i need a usb dongle in laptop.Other thing is will this work if no wifi on laptop.In other words does the usb dongle adapt this?

Hi guys

Mine came this mornin 20/02/07.

Really easy to setup (no USB support) connected to my router.

Authorised 512k of my bandwidth set it up as (bill) so when some one uses the unsecure WAP on it Fonera pay me £££ for the privelage of using my bandwidth through paypal.

so it pays for its self and its very secure the side u use.

Anyway i am happy coz girlfreind can now use her lappy round house without mytherin me :).

So cheers to the original post many grattitutes to you DUDE :THANKS:

Back