FREE Fonera Wifi Router

Devilfish

DW Regular
Reaction score
500 available. The idea is you join the free community, no fees or taxes etc as far as I can make out. Link goes to the US page, but click the UK flag to go to the UK version.- Order a FREE La Fonera WiFi router with no taxes and FREE shipping
- Join the Community and start using FONspots for FREE around the world
- FREE membership in the FON Community
- FONspots for FREE around the world

Special Offer for La Fonera for free (shipping cost and sales tax included)
This Special Offer is valid until Saturday, March 31st, 2007 and limited to 2500 units and to people who register or are already registered as Foneros. This Offer is limited to one router per user and shipping address who are residents of the United Kingdom. You will not be eligible for this Offer if you have previously purchased a subsidised La Fonera at www.fon.com.
Once FON has confirmation that you have registered as a member of our Community, we will send you the La Fonera for free (shipping costs and sales tax are included). Once you have received your La Fonera, your will be required to install the La Fonera and maintain it activated within the FON Community. If for any reason you are not able to do so, we ask that you kindly pass the La Fonera onto a friend who wants to share WiFi as a Fonero.
FON will publish your location on the FON maps that highlight the FON Community’s Access Points. Your personal data will be handled in accordance with the FON Privacy and Data Protection Policy that you will accept or have accepted when registering with FON. The FON Privacy and Data Protection Policy complies with the Spanish Organic Act 15/1999 entitled the Personal Data Protection Law and the UK Protection Act 1998, their corresponding regulations and other relevant legislation.
On our website www.fon.com you can find all of the necessary information for installation and registration of your La Fonera.
Special Offer Terms and Conditions

Special Offer for La Fonera for free (shipping cost and sales tax included)
This Special Offer is valid until Saturday, March 31st, 2007 and limited to 2500 units and to people who register or are already registered as Foneros. This Offer is limited to one router per user and shipping address who are residents of the United Kingdom. You will not be eligible for this Offer if you have previously purchased a subsidised La Fonera at www.fon.com.
Once FON has confirmation that you have registered as a member of our Community, we will send you the La Fonera for free (shipping costs and sales tax are included). Once you have received your La Fonera, your will be required to install the La Fonera and maintain it activated within the FON Community. If for any reason you are not able to do so, we ask that you kindly pass the La Fonera onto a friend who wants to share WiFi as a Fonero.
FON will publish your location on the FON maps that highlight the FON Community’s Access Points. Your personal data will be handled in accordance with the FON Privacy and Data Protection Policy that you will accept or have accepted when registering with FON. The FON Privacy and Data Protection Policy complies with the Spanish Organic Act 15/1999 entitled the Personal Data Protection Law and the UK Protection Act 1998, their corresponding regulations and other relevant legislation.
On our website www.fon.com you can find all of the necessary information for installation and registration of your La Fonera.

LaFonera_web2.png

http://www.fon.com/1yearold/

Nice1 DF just ordered mine!! ;)

Ordered mine too! Not sure if I'm too happy about sharing my broadband with the reprobates in my area though.

just ordered one hope its alrite

seems ok cos you can decide how much bandwidth you share, might be an idea to make a temp sticky on this to see if we all get one and it works. also we can help each other with setup problems aswell.
Excellent post this one could be very usful if i get a laptop in my truck and park outside your house on a nightout lol.
My orders in anyway

lol

ok let me say, firstly if you get this, you have to share your broadband for a year (i think thats the minimum)

Ok yes, you can choose how much of you Bandwidth you want to share, but let me illustrate another security threat you are opening your network to.

If you run this AP people can log onto it for free, which means with the right tools, this allows ANY user to sniff the data transmitted on your network both to and from the internet. Now if you use internet banking, email, protected http sites, those passwords can be found out. All of your network shares will be accessable (if you have any) and if you have no firewall on your computer and default passwords ( a typical pc world setup) then potentially someone could steal any information from any folder on your HDD, or even install trojans.

Speaking of trojans and virus's, if you allow someone onto your network who is infected with a virus, that could potentially infect all the pc's on your network with the same virus.

My advice, (even though these are free) is stay well away from them. Why open your network for theives to steal your personal information. Christ this website even publishes your location on a global map giving people your location so they can use your AP.

What it all boils down to is, why intentially make your wireless insecure? Be safe.

Just my 2 pence, hope it makes sense to people

just ordered mine too, has anybody got theirs yet?

theres a thread and excellent post in general chat.(excellent post is by kirsty). not sure how difficult to set up cos i never done one but ho hum its free lol

I think you'll find using such a device on any home internet connection will be against the terms and conditions. Most UK home internet providers specifically forbid you from supplying any public service.

Last edited:
I think you'll find using such a device on any home internet connection will be against the terms and conditions. Most UK home internet providers specifically forbid you from supplying any public service.

best you two mods have a chat .that is the first post ant yours. just jokin ok

Back