FREE Fonera Wifi Router

got mine the other day just looking at it now :) has anyone put the hacked firmware one it yet? im going to search for all the files and get it done today will report back :)

cheers

osborne82

i think mine updated to a new firmware when i plugged it to the net which closes the loophole

Mine came a few days ago, I put the DD-WRT firmware on it. Worked fine for a few hours. I then tried to set up WDS and use it to extend the range of my existing AP and it bricked itself. Useless now unless I mod it with a serial port. At least it was free...

Mine came a few days ago, I put the DD-WRT firmware on it. Worked fine for a few hours. I then tried to set up WDS and use it to extend the range of my existing AP and it bricked itself. Useless now unless I mod it with a serial port. At least it was free...

i put that firmware on the 1 i got works great there was a part in te process where it became a brick with no wifi access when u had to telnet into it so maybe yours int dead check your steps again m8 it might be recoverable

p.s. putting dd-wrt firmware on it was well worth doing in my opinion

what does this firmware do and could someone point me in the right direction for it and instructions cheers

i put that firmware on the 1 i got works great there was a part in te process where it became a brick with no wifi access when u had to telnet into it so maybe yours int dead check your steps again m8 it might be recoverable

p.s. putting dd-wrt firmware on it was well worth doing in my opinion

I fixed mine - if you need to reflash when it goes tits up you only have about 10 seconds to ssh into it as it boots up. I didn't realise. All back up and running.

More about ddwrt here www.dd-wrt.com. All the answers/guides are in there.

Just been to the site and it states you have to buy it or if you are already owner you can send like to someone to let them get a free one.. anyone can help???

are they any good?

roger

Back