OS Foxconn nt-425h help!

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
picked one of these up cheap on ebay for the spare room, does the trick for netflix etc, but i cant get sound through hdmi! it plays through the internal speaker. Ive tried to update the bios to a58f1p05 from the foxcomm site using AMI flash AFU Win. It says the flash is sucsessful, but still no sound! i get 3 sound items, one SPDIF or something out, one that is selected, and another but if i activete still no joy! also does anyone know what stick of ram i can put in this? i can update to a 2gb module just no good with ram

Cheers in advance guys

Make sure you've got the latest graphics and audio drivers installed - graphics are Intel Graphics Media Accelerator and sound is apparently by Realtek. See if the respective chipset manufacturers' websites have anything newer than the 18 month old ones from Foxconn.

Also try right clicking on the list of devices and tick the "Show Disabled Devices" option - it could just be the previous owner disabled HDMI audio for some reason.

As for RAM, the Crucial website says you need DDR2-667 (PC2-5300) SODIMM - i.e. the type you put in a laptop: 2GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-5300 upgrades for FOXCONN nT425H Desktop/PC, CT1942678 from Crucial.com

cheers mate, ordered some ram :) ive ran a tool to identify the board but i cant find any information so i dont know what drivers im looking for, and information on the unit it sketchy online, any ideas?

cheers mate :) ive read that this can be resolved with a bios update, ive downloaded the bios and used AMI flash but i dont think it is flashing correctly as it comes up with an option to boot in failsafe mode?

Problem is, I've not actually got one of these and the above is a case of this is what you can usually do...

If it otherwise boots normally, the fail safe mode might be an option added by the BIOS update rather than a messed up BIOS flash. Have you tried following the fail safe option?

Back