Four Nations Funniest

wasnotwasD

DW Regular
Reaction score
Who do you think are the 4 nations funniest comedians?

My choices were easy for Ireland (Dave Allen) and Scotland (Billy Connoly), but I struggled with my choice for Wales, sorry! The only one that stuck out was a guy named Max Boyce (couldn’t remember his first name straight away, so I don’t think he was that funny lol), then again maybe its because I know someone called Craig Boyce and his first name sticks with me lol . But then I remembered that Tommy Cooper was Welsh :Hit: so he’d be my choice.
Personally I found it hard to pick one Englishman that I thought could beat any of them. Even considering Bob Monkhouse. So I went for a comedy duo in Morecambe and Wise.

But my favourite has to be, Dave Allen:
A newly married husband asked his wife how she wanted to have him approach her. "Well," she said, "We'll play hide-and-seek. I'll hide and you can look for me. When you find me then you may ... seduce me." "But what if I can't find you?" "I'll be in the downstairs linen closet."

As another famous Irish comedian said “it’s the way you tell em!” and you have to be able to picture him telling this, to appreciate it lol

May your God go with you!

tommy cooper is the all time funniest stand up for me.

but no one has ever made me laugh as much as morecombe and wise, i could watch them over and over lol im cracking up thinking of the swan lake thing they did lol

Regards
Mickie

Probably gonna sound old here but I think all the old acts were funnier than today, as already mentioned morecomb and wise, tommy cooper, I find the two ronnies really funny and could watch them for hours, also all the old tv shows are so funny, like porridge, dads army etc, I think they will always be funny :)

ps just sitting here watching faulty towers pmsl classic :)

bronto m8,
the best episode of fawlty towers must be 'the germans'
'don't mention the war'
german geust : ' you started it'
basil : ' no i didn't, you invaded poland!"
CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how un-p.c. was the telly back then, no chance of any of that stuff being made now - it would be banned on the spot!
lol
owenzy.
:)

the best english person i think at the moment is jethro he has me in stitches.
scottish has to be victor and jack out of chewin the fat..
irish has to be dave allen.
welch used to love harry secombe ,,

goto agree with all the above oh and of course good old frank carson and dopey jimmy cricket

my favourite comedy show personallity has to be david jason, whether in Open All Hours, Only Fools and Horses or Porridge, These shows where classics and nowt like it these days.

Oh yes and as ownsy said you can't beat flowery Twa7s sorry i mean fawlty towers

the funniest englishman i can think of is tony blair at the mo every time he opens his mouth i'm in stitches........
lol
alf

and correct me if i'm wrong but i am led to believe bob hope was born in barry near cardiff.
cheers
alf

owenzy said:
bronto m8,
the best episode of fawlty towers must be 'the germans'
'don't mention the war'
german geust : ' you started it'
basil : ' no i didn't, you invaded poland!"
CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol owenzy, I've just watched that episode this afternoon m8, I haven't laughed that much in ages, me belly is still hurting, pmsfl :)

I think Peter Kay is really funny at the moment! im goin to see him and Steve Coogan tonight at the Apollo in manchester, cant wait :D

My all time favourite has to be Lex McClean.(A blast from the past)
I don't think many or if any of the members who aren't Scottish wont have heard of this guy.

Jim:)

lordalf said:
and correct me if i'm wrong but i am led to believe bob hope was born in barry near cardiff.
cheers
alf

yep he was m8, a place called merthyr street, just round the corner from where i used to live. (barrys a 5hit hole now though lol, best thing i did was move out) live by max boyce and ruth madocks now

hi de hi

lol

dave allan , great loss !
my fav sketch was when he had mate round to show him his new electronic chair
dave: sit down and try it m8 !
m8: what does it do exactly dave ?
dave: well it recognises voice commands and and will do anything you tell it to do !
m8 : well ill be buggered dav......................
dave : noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :Smileysex

Back