Formatting Large External HD for PS3

:Clap:thanks for that i was woundering why i couldnt see it:Clap:

Cheers

Thanks you for the info, I have just bought myself a Western Digital 1000 Gig HDD to do exactly that.

Cheers

you can get 2000gb ones too. even better. lol

ive just formated a 120gb drive from cmd

format [drive letter]: /FS:FAT32

it took a while but should this do the trick i cant check at the moment, cheers.

edit: it failed in the end for some reason i downloaded swissknife premium from their website but they dont seem to offer a trial version but the serial is pretty easy to get past im not sure if im allowed to post it so i wont it did the trick anyway. if a mod reads this and i can post let me know and i will, cheers.

Last edited:
hi guys im having problems backing up my ps3 files so i can change the harddrive. i have a 40gb portable drive which i have used swissknife to format it to fat32 to back up the files but ps3 doesnt recognise it. any help would be much appreciated

hi guys im having problems backing up my ps3 files so i can change the harddrive. i have a 40gb portable drive which i have used swissknife to format it to fat32 to back up the files but ps3 doesnt recognise it. any help would be much appreciated

are you going to a larger drive? if so use hdclone and do a bit by bit copy, then you don't have to bother with the ps3 backup util, just clone old to new.

ive got the old 40gb ps3 which is almost full have an 80gb drive that i want to change it to. but just cant get my 40gb portable drive to be recognised in the ps3

ive got the old 40gb ps3 which is almost full have an 80gb drive that i want to change it to. but just cant get my 40gb portable drive to be recognised in the ps3

best app u can use is mini tool partition wizard home

I'm thinking of installing an INTERNAL 1TB drive in a PS3, does anyone have any experience of this?

Does it work?

Thanks.

I upgraded to a 500GB last night (very easy and took 15 mins max). This is a really good video on YouTube on how to do it ... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNSytaL9hnI]YouTube - How to Upgrade a PS3 Hard Drive[/ame]

If you are talking more specifically about 1TB (rather than just general) then I believe that they are harder to fit due to being taller.

Do a full format on a pc and if you own a xbox 360 go to memory devices and format from there,never had a problem doing it this way for ps3 use.

Back