Football legend Robson dies at 76

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Former England manager Sir Bobby Robson has died at the age of 76, following a long battle with cancer.

Robson will be best remembered on the international stage for leading England to the 1990 World Cup semi-final.

At club level, he cut his managerial teeth at Fulham before establishing his credentials at Ipswich where he won the FA Cup and Uefa Cup in a 13-year stay.

Spells at PSV Eindhoven, Sporting Lisbon, Porto and Barcelona followed before ending his career at Newcastle.

More to follow.

Story from BBC SPORT:
BBC SPORT | Football | Football legend Robson dies at 76

Published: 2009/07/31 09:34:36 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Last edited:
RIP Sir Bobby- what a legend! At least he is out of pain now as he did battle the big C for many years.

R.I.P Sir Bobby, a true legend and will be missed dearly, at least he's in a better place now after battling with it five times :(

sad sad news... RIP...

one of the greatest ipswich town fc managers ever. you will never be forgotten bobby! may you rest in peace now. now is the season to win the championship in his honour, and take our rightful place back where we belong in the premiership!

he was a poor sole

barely recognisable in the latter stages but still Thee Sir Bobby Robson

at least he isnt suffering anymore

R.I.P. Sir Bobby

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

One of footballs legends his name written into history and generations of fans minds and a true gentleman to boot RIP Sir Bobby.:ur the man:

One of footballs legends his name written into history and generations of fans minds and a true gentleman to boot RIP Sir Bobby.:ur the man:

What the Gasman said.

RIP.

imo One of the best England managers of our time, great club manager and a nice bloke to boot, RIP m8 glad your not suffering anymore

Very sad to here Sir Bobby passed away, he always came across as a very sincere and genuine lover of the beautiful game, my thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P. Sir Bobby

Back