Food which has disapeared from our shelves??????????????????????????????????????

More recently whats happened to Galaxy whole nut my mrs has been going mad looking for it lol.

lol
I remember A packet of Spinache (just like sweet tobacco, but green). Probs had a popeye wrapper I dunno! :)

Bettabar's Just like them rice crispy cakes the kids make in school, only baked with toffee not chocolate :) You got a big lump of nothing & you thought you were doing well pmsl

Penny Daintys. Nothing dainty about them lol. A big chunk of toffee chew ( tasted like McGowan's, dont think they made it though) which cost a penny when I was a lad. That's 1d NOT 1p. Most chews cost a halfpence at the time, except blackjacks & mojo's you got 2 for that rofl

Also I think there was something called "Chix". Black bubblegum :) I think you used to get a little cartoon strip inside the wrapper?

Last edited:
I think you used to get a little cartoon strip inside the wrapper?

Wasn't that Bazooka joe's bubble gum that you used to have to collect the cartoon strips for, there was all kinds of rubbish you could send off for.

And I remember getting me pocket money of half a crown and off down the shops for ha'penny chews, lol.

Muskrat

Wasn't that Bazooka joe's bubble gum that you used to have to collect the cartoon strips for, there was all kinds of rubbish you could send off for.

Muskrat
You're right Muskrat ;):Clap::

Remembering is a bit of a chore sometimes & confusion sets in lol

Also as this is about food.
We used to get pigs trotters at the butchers for a tanner (sixpence) YUM! YUM! :Hit:

Last edited:
Remembering is a bit of a chore sometimes & confusion sets in

I'm like that most of the time :Laugh:

I only thought of that coz of the simpsons episode with the spy camera.

I collected all me strips from the chuddy and sent off for the "magic eye" spy camera....what a pile of cack came back, can laugh now but was most miffed at the time.

Trotters, tripe, and oxtails, now theres some memories

Muskrat

http://www.brackenbankstores.co.uk/acatalog/crisps.html

sell them here by the box

[SIZE=+1]Brannigans Crisps[/SIZE]
1 x case of 36 packets of these thick crunchy crisps.

Ingredients: (For beef & Mustard)
Potatoes, Vegetable oil, Roast Beef & Mustard Flavour ( Flavourings, Flavour Enhancers: E621, E627: Wheat flour, Skimmed milk powder), salt.

Price: £14.13 (Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)

Flavour
Beef & Mustard, Ham & Pickle

your a star mate,i found the roysters now i got the others your brilliant.

Mr P

And I remember getting me pocket money of half a crown and off down the shops for ha'penny chews, lol.

Muskrat

Im sure it was a paper rub on tatoo which you could put on your arms which was in with them sweets???????????????????????????????

Mr P

space dust, i think, or something like that.
put some in your mouth and you could hear it going off in your head .lol

Im sure it was a paper rub on tatoo which you could put on your arms which was in with them sweets???????????????????????????????

Mr P

Hi Mr P,

I remember them tatoos as well but can't for the life of me remember where they came from, wasn't there a bazooka joe wannabe, I remember bubblygum that was the same shape as bazooka joe but was thinner and wider, could it have been them?

Or could bazooka joe's had changed the content, I was buying them from the mid 60's through to the early 70's and they had the cartoon strip on a waxy bit of paper.

Muskrat

Ones I recall from various years...

Starbar

Nutty

Yes Cake Bars

Fuse - considering this was the number one seller in the 90's where is it now??

Tutti Frutti's

Rum & Raison Cornetto - slightly off topic but hey!

Mr P

That one has got me beat as well lol

But we used to call the tattoo's "Billy Stampers" :)

Any one remember splicer bar?
it was like a big bar of opel fruit mixed fruit flavour ,have been trying to find for ages

Back