Flashing Imge

Gigibau

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,how to flash new imge, i have vix now i wont to put 4d, problem with vix.
Thanks!

Flash it the same way you put Vix on. I'd wait a couple more days as the new kernel and drivers seem good. Should be a new 4D image too and I suppose another from Digidude/Cuebase's forum.

Delete existing updated folder from USB.
Transfer new image to USB
Switch off receiver from rocker switch at back
Power on
Press OK on receiver after prompt is displayed
If you have bootloader in image pack, you may have to flash twice
When you get prompt, switch off and remove USB

Whether or not you press EXIT after reboot is up to you . I always do.

Thx for reply, problem i'm having is when i put usb in and power on nathing hapend wix imge come's on what ever i pres nathing chenges.

what is name of folder you put on USB,
Any other USB drives connected
Same one as you used last time?
If not, is it fat 32? what size is it?

The name of the folder is update, I have two usb one is sixteen one is eight I use sixteen before, yes they are fat32 and no other usb is connected, but my sixteen usb doesn't want to format to NTFS. I will try to get some other usb and try again, but do you think when I restart from the back and keep pressing:exit, menu or ok something should change vix image shouldn't be starting. I think that was happening before I done this long time ago so i am not sure about this. Thanks again.

Don't get confused by the bootlogo at the beginning. It will laways show the last picture installed, we are concerned about seeing "the new software found press OK"

While booting up
Presssing Menu will make you go into the alternate OS
Presssing EXIT will make you go into E2

Both above have nothing to do with flashing. For flashing all you need to do is press OK when the screen comes up.

Are you sure it is not /update/update/tmtwinoe?
Perhaps try an older 4D image first and then the newer one.

I did jast now and as allways that gusy can't wait to get you off line, he was tolking somting you need to put image in the root or something, i think it was that guy Richard.

It's update/tmtwinoe/cfe

hello
Gigibau

when you say "its update/tmtwinoe/cfe" wot do you get when you go into the cfe part? ( you should see around 4 other files )
an other thing to look out for is before iv download alot of tm images and they can get named update 2 etc as was second one downloaded so you have to delete the 2 part from the name of the file, id say you might know that but one thing that caught me out was when i deleted say the number 2 i had left a space just after the name update witch wont load, worth a look at? also Abu is right make sure you dont have any other usb in apart from the one with image, also if you have hdd in you will need to take it out as will stop box seeing your update image.
hope this helps :)

I have some tutorials in .pdf format that will walk you through the flashing process but there branded for my forum and as such i dont think i can upload them here, i can pm you the link to them if you want to see if they will help you.

You could edit it and put the several forum names where you frequent on it. Most will allow it, some will object.

If there was no forum name on them, just yours as the author/editor, all will allow it. Members will benefit.

If there was no forum name on them, just yours as the author/editor, all will allow it. Members will benefit.

believe me mate i did do that and it was still removed from several forums, just because it was my work, no other reason.

believe me mate i did do that and it was still removed from several forums, just because it was my work, no other reason.

If there is no live link in it then I personally do not have a problem with it,obviously would be better without any forum names at all,but your name alone should not be reason for it to be removed from any forum imho

If there is no live link in it then I personally do not have a problem with it,obviously would be better without any forum names at all,but your name alone should not be reason for it to be removed from any forum imho

Their forum sponsor kicked off because in his words "I was advertising for WoS", yes the versions i post on my forum are heavily WoS branded although they do not contain links to WoS. The version i submitted to the forum in question ( will remain unnamed ) I specifically removed all traces of WoS and left in only my name and a generic openvix logo as below. but that was enough for it to be pulled so now i dont edit them for other forums any longer because no matter what i do certain forums will pull them no matter what i put in simply because i made it.

Zltzlab.png

Removed as requested by the author

Last edited:
Hi, and thx. I think my bootloder is corapted that is why i don't get anything when i resart ony wix imge start, I dont have pc with serial port so is ther any other way to reinstal bootloder?Thanks!

Have you tried to flash the older 4D images? Someone mentioned this as a solution. Once you get this flashed, it will take the newer one.
Have you tried to rename the update folder so that it is /update/tmtwin/......... instaed of /update/tmtwinoe/.........

You can use the a USB to serial adapter, it does not have to be a physical rs232 port.

Back