Fitting an internal hdd

brianmullen8

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be fitting an internal hdd to my openbox s9 in the next few days. if anyone is interested i can do a tut, it will require some soldering and a few electrical bits and will cost about £8 to do.

Brian

Hi,

I will be fitting an internal hdd to my openbox s9 in the next few days. if anyone is interested i can do a tut, it will require some soldering and a few electrical bits and will cost about £8 to do.

Brian

hi brian while you are doing that could you possibly have a look and see if there is an earth leak on the sat feed as a problem exists with it shorting out the quad lnb if a sky digi box is connected

edogg

What would be the benefits of fitting an internal one over attaching an external 2.5", apart from cosmetic looks?

hi brian while you are doing that could you possibly have a look and see if there is an earth leak on the sat feed as a problem exists with it shorting out the quad lnb if a sky digi box is connected

edogg

Sorry mate, just put it all back together.

I will be posting a tut with photos in about An hour or two.

I put a switch on the back to pull the power from the usb to allow the usb to work externally for upgrades but it didn't work. I will try some other things to get it going.

here is the tut i will update when the missus gives me more time to mess with it

right got the switch sorted use the green wire from the usb converter not the red wire. i have start another post titled ( TUTORIAL: fitting a hdd inside an openbox s9) with an updated tut

Back