fitting a electric shower

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
just a standard electric shower with just a cold water supply problem is it would be a nightmare to obtain a water supply from the cold water storage tank in the loft but i can get a supply stright from the mains from the supply pipe to the loft water tank can i use this it will save me a big headache .

your better off with a mains feed m8 as a tank feed may not have enough pressure and it may need a pump, so I would take it from the mains m8 ;)

PS look out for spiders lurking in the shower :) lmfao

thx guys i was reading up on how to install one and got conflicting views on said you should take the supply form as close to the tank in the loft as poss. but another said from the mains supply .the feed to the shower is at the bottom as well which would also make the it better for me to get the supply from the mains and run it stright up to the inlet than to run it down then put a bend in the pipe to connect to the bottom.

there is lots of spiders in the loft that's why i don't won't to go in there lol

Depends on your water system. It may be that your cold water supply is tank fed to your bath which means that you should get your supply from tank. If water pressure is ok and mains fed you should connect it direct off a mains feed.

Easyist way to test if tank fed

1/ Run cold water in bath continue only if fast flowing or power shower may be required
2/ Shut off stop cock to incoming water supply
3/ Is bath still running - No - take supply to shower off cold supply at bath or basin
4/ Is bath still running - Yes - take supply off tank as the system is tank fed

Run it from the mains but put a stopcock inline and if the pressure is too much you can throttle it back m8

thx for the info men the mains come's into the house through the front then goes to the kitchen from the kitchen up through the bathroom then up into the loft to supply the tank then from the tank everything else is supplied from there.so I guess as long as the pressure is not to great then I should be ok to branch of there and as suggested fit a valve to reduce the pressure if need be

what your confusing here is that an "electric shower" only works of mains cold pressure and a "power shower" can be run of the cylinder for the hot and the cold off the tank in the loft,so damage you can run the cold of the mains direct to your electric shower the only suggestion i would say to u is fit a ballofix isolation valve so if the shower ever develops a fault you can isolate the cold mains going to the shower,i think most showers will work upto 10bar off mains pressure coming into the house if im wrong im sure someone will correct me lol i only sell them i dont install them lol

Back