fireworks

No fans here, too much damage usually occurs.

image.jpg

That was not even a firework, just one of those Chinese lanterns.

I THINK THEY SHOULD BE BANNED ,dogs dont like other pets dont like them,poor birds and rest of wildlife.

HM Government

Accessibility Home
Search published e-petitions

e-petition

Ban the sale of fireworks to the general public in the UK

Responsible department: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills

It's my birthday weekend. Am I out celebrating?
No, I'm at home comforting my terrified dogs.
Fireworks have been going off in my neighborhood non-stop for three hours.
The 5th of November is 4 days away, fireworks started a week ago & they're likely to continue beyond the night they're intended for.
Then there's New Year.

The stress fireworks cause many pets and their owners is immense. As a dog trainer I see first hand the overall impact fireworks have on animal behaviour with associated problem behaviours sometimes being seen for months after the fireworks have stopped.

There are about 17 million pets in the UK (Figures from 2013), 25% of British homes owns a pet.

Pet owner point of view aside, there is human safety to consider.
It seems crazy that anyone deemed old enough can buy an explosive and let it off in any open space.

Canada, South Africa and Australia have limitations or bans on private firework displays and the UK needs to follow suit.

Sign this petition

Not received your confirmation email?

Number of signatures:20,742Created by:Roz PooleyClosing:30/03/2015 23:59Share:
Twitter

Linkedin

Facebook
How e-petitions work
Terms and conditions
Privacy
Crown copyright
FAQs
Feedback
i did it

i think it should be banned to anyone of the public,only a registered organisation should be
able to use them only on 5th nov,anyone who sets them off early or days/weeks after 5th nov
should have 20 lashings of bamboo across their back (maybe im a bit barbaric)

i was talkin to a mate about gettin a online petition going about banning the use of
fireworks,he said i wouldnt bother as it wont get into parliment for a descussion

Back