Firefox 4.0 Released

robc11

DW Regular
Reaction score
For those of you using firefox, version 4.0 has now been released. It wont show when you check for updates just yet but can be downloaded from the mozilla website. Im just onna try it now but may not stick with it as im guessing a lot off add ons wont be compatible just yet, but worth a try first
Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client

downloaded it myself earlier, seems like there trying to copy of google chrome as the top of the browser has reduced in size like chrome, and the layout is like chrome too, however i do like it and it seems quicker, but still not as quick as chrome!

Tried it because Chrome has an error at the moment where the Flash plugin constantly crashes and google don't know what the hell is causing it.

Seems like it will be nice, but there are still glitches in it, scrolling isn't very smooth and hardly any plugins working so rolled back to 3.6 until google fix Chrome again and then it's straight back to that ;)

I have been running the RC's and beta's for a while now, so mine was automatically updated to 4.0 :)

Has this ironed the errors & everything out from the RC?

Last edited:
Using it now, seems to run ok. :)

Reinstalled and seems nice, can't take anything away from it so far. Very chrome inspired but still not as fast.

Like the new built-in backup & sync function. You can now install ff on android and iPhone and sync all your settings & bookmarks between PC and phone. Nice.

Also installed chromefx skin, might as well look like chrome if it is going to act like it :)

Still going back to chrome once the plugin error is sorted but I'm sure ff fans will be chuffed with this as it is v v nice!!!

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

installed today, i did backup bookmarks just in case :) went through ok and only 1 addon not compatible (have about 10 loaded) but ive just updated the program (idm) and that is all working.

it is faster ver 3.X it did get progressively slower.

Installed it here and it looks amazingly similar to chrome.
I had to remove ie9 tho as it was total and utter shite.

Back