Fire stick streaming issues

Dwarf13579

New Member ++
Reaction score
Would anyone know why my fire stick always buffers when watching my iptv, I’m behind a vpn but it’s still doing it. Also I only have 3 apps on the stick so it’s not running out of space. Any ideas please

Would anyone know why my fire stick always buffers when watching my iptv, I’m behind a vpn but it’s still doing it. Also I only have 3 apps on the stick so it’s not running out of space. Any ideas please

Heyup mate, welcome back.

I've got firesticks and the cube (both hard wired into the net, no wifi) and am using Surfshark VPN and sometimes mine will buffer itself to death on the stick and cube, other times it's fine. I suspect it may have something to do with the measures being taken against VPN use at the mo by the likes of Netflix as mine was fine up until a couple of months ago. I've tried other VPN's both paid (Windscribe/SS) and free but it's still the same.

I have tried to find a work around but the best I've came up with is to start the app without the VPN running, select the channel and wait for it to clear, then press the home button and start the VPN, then dive back into the app and re-select the channel but this doesn't always work.

Lots seem to be having similar problems of late. It's a case of trying to find out who's at fault:

Internet provider blocking
The box/stick
The program
The VPN
Or the server itself.
I've noticed Tivimate is not as good. I took a server I had and put it in Stalker Player 1.34 and it worked fine with only 2 freezes in the whole Liverpool game, a simple channel change sorted that.
Tivimate of late seems to be buffering like the magic roundabout.

I played around with buffer size and external players but it either made no difference or it just made it worse and froze solid.
I used MX Player VLC Stalker Player, you name it, I tried it. For me I still find STBEMU to be the most stable.

I think its trial and error but I gotta admit its getting harder and harder to keep it running smooth especially at peak football times.
I use Analitic speed check. I tend to use Belgium Germany, Holland on with Nord VPN.
I start the VPN come out then check it's speed. I did it the other night and Germany was 3mbps on a 2meg line. When I selected Belgium it went to 120mbps so it's worth checking.

I always unplug-reboot the router before a game. Not sure if it works but I seem to have less buffering.
And,
mine are all hard wired as well.

Last edited:
Think I'm having similar issues, using tivimate and stalker player, sometimes streams work fine, then buffering starts and nothing streams...

I stick xciptv and smarters on mine both work good

no issues for me either

I would also say it’s more likely the source.
But older Firestick’s which are bloated and low on ram will not help. Also VPN’s can be temperamental and lower your bandwidth…

OK.. loaded my iptv playlist in formuler z8 box..wired directly to vm router..all working fine...think it maybe my Asus router that I'm using as an AP In the bedroom that could be the problem as I switched over to WiFi in the bedroom and iptv works but not when hard wired to the Asus router through a ethernet port switch..

I noticed a few issue's with buffering over the past few weeks using a firestick 4k and cube both hard wired.

I used the background app to shut background running apps and upped the buffer size in Tivimate and tried again. There was a slight improvement but still the same.

So last night I dug out my old M96max android box I never use. I upgraded the apps and tided it up and ran it yesterday on the football and it ran the same server flawlessly bar one hiccup.
I just wonder if the firestick OS has anything to do it with the likes of Tivimate and the rest compatibility or something.

Does anyone use OTT Navigator on a Firestick ? I might give that a pop

I noticed a few issue's with buffering over the past few weeks using a firestick 4k and cube both hard wired.

I used the background app to shut background running apps and upped the buffer size in Tivimate and tried again. There was a slight improvement but still the same.

So last night I dug out my old M96max android box I never use. I upgraded the apps and tided it up and ran it yesterday on the football and it ran the same server flawlessly bar one hiccup.
I just wonder if the firestick OS has anything to do it with the likes of Tivimate and the rest compatibility or something.

Does anyone use OTT Navigator on a Firestick ? I might give that a pop
Did you run the M96 over wifi as you probably do the firestick ?

I ran both hard wired, I have an adaptor for the stick, The signal at the back of the house is a bit crap so I wired in a hub some time ago through the loft

I have two cubes both hard-wired and was getting freezing on one of my servers so I took one off and made it Wi-Fi freezing stopped but the one hardwired was still freezing I took an both off hardwire and running them on Wi-Fi no freezing And I change from 5 to 2.4 on the Wi-Fi settings on the cubes

Ah right, why do you think hard wiring plays up ?. I'll try the WiFi on the one downstairs see how it goes , thanks

Ah right, why do you think hard wiring plays up ?. I'll try the WiFi on the one downstairs see how it goes , thanks
Hard wiring could play up if your network is under load. On my network i enable Qos and have it set so anything like android boxes etc have priority, it helps. But if your network is really under load some one downloading gaming then it will still suffer.

Back