fire extinguishers

earthshayker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi some friends had a fire at home and lucky for them it was in the utility room and was caught early enough for them to put it out with water from the kitchen. Now I'm looking to get a couple fire extinguishers for the house one for upstairs and one downstairs. I'm not sure which one to get. Is the such a thing as a general extinguisher which would cover all sorts of fire? or what extinguisher should I get and where is the best place to get one.

Thanks

Hi some friends had a fire at home and lucky for them it was in the utility room and was caught early enough for them to put it out with water from the kitchen. Now I'm looking to get a couple fire extinguishers for the house one for upstairs and one downstairs. I'm not sure which one to get. Is the such a thing as a general extinguisher which would cover all sorts of fire? or what extinguisher should I get and where is the best place to get one.

Thanks

get a co2 one that should cover most and a fire blanket just in case its a chip pan fire

thats a very good point...you dont would normaly look into things like that until somethiing happen...I need to get some aswell to ne honest

i have 1Kg powder ones, one in the kitchen, one upstairs and one in the van

Thanks for that, funny though we've never had a chip pan and I don't think I'll ever get one. I got smoke and carbon monoxide detectors but I think I'll feel safer with a couple extinguishers

The Dry Powder one is the best for general use as covers electrical fires as well, since water and electricity don't go to well together.

Our Local Fire Service supply, fit and maintain my smoke alarms and give a free Fier Safety Check on all appliances and components in the house and they advised to get Dry Powder Extinguishers.

Hope you get sorted out if not give your local fire station a visit and speak to the fire chief there.

always handy having one of them never know when a fire is going to start

"uk-wales"

Messa (memeber on here) should be able to answer that for u hun.,,,,,

i've got one in the cupboard fixed to the back board which has a clip around the middle to hold it on, that way it can't get lost under clobber that some peeps throw in the cupboard, i also have a fire blanket stuck with double sided tape to the inside of kitchen cupboard door next to the cooker.

Thanks for that, funny though we've never had a chip pan and I don't think I'll ever get one. I got smoke and carbon monoxide detectors but I think I'll feel safer with a couple extinguishers

but u've got a frying pan though.....lol

You dont really think of these things but geat post mate.

Think im gonna get myselfa 4kg powder one. for 31quid its certainly worth it.

i have 1Kg powder ones, one in the kitchen, one upstairs and one in the van

I also have them upstairs and downstairs and one in each van (but C02)

Mickie

but u've got a frying pan though.....lol

Yes lol and thats a very good point because I only thought of a chip pan when the fire blanket was mentioned (I might not be the only one either)

how many vans u got....lol

30 lol

No just 2 ;)

lwb and a transit connect

Mickie

lmao reminds me of an Harry Enfield sketch

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHo2pXO_XAI&feature=PlayList&p=CF8DB2A89D276A9A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32]YouTube - Harry Enfield - Considerably richer than you[/ame]

right at the end in the hotel .. "How many cars ya got ya bastad" pmsl

get a co2 one that should cover most and a fire blanket just in case its a chip pan fire

co2 used in confind spaces ie most rooms of a house
can be very dangerous it sucks the oxygen out of the air very quickly,
and if ur not carefull u could collapse.

co2 used in confind spaces ie most rooms of a house
can be very dangerous it sucks the oxygen out of the air very quickly,
and if ur not carefull u could collapse.

Yeah thats true,we have them in the switch rooms at work and have to override the system if working for any length of time in them.

The trouble is with C02 and powder although they do have a quick knock back they don't cool the heat source meaning reignition is an issue...For me personally I use water and c02...Water on carbonaceous fires and C02 on electrical fires

Last edited:
Back