Fertech 31C combi boiler - how to refill water system?

I thought a filling loop be fitted, in some way or another as pretty much standard now :)

Plus, there would also have to be somewhere obvious where a flexi pipe could be connected to and also that pipe would need an isolation valve on it which I can't see one (well from pic anyhow).

I thought a filling loop be fitted, in some way or another as pretty much standard now :)

Plus, there would also have to be somewhere obvious where a flexi pipe could be connected to and also that pipe would need an isolation valve on it which I can't see one (well from pic anyhow).

It does seem a strange set up doesn't it?. In theory that little bridging pipe connecting the two black isolaters do the job once the black knob on the left is turned first. The boiler should fill up. On this system that is not the case. There could be a number of reasons for this. One the filling loop is not connected to the water mains which is doubtful because the boiler was filled up once it was installed, two is there another emergency stop tap somewhere as this system doesn't require constant water once filled and three is the isolater that is coupled up to the water main actually working?. The system needs checking over by a certified person if any doubts, to avoid any long term damage as you suggested.

Last edited:
Worry not, it should run fine on 0.75 bar, long enough for the mate to take a look at the weekend. Just don't bleed any rads.

I know many installers leave the fill-loop in place but a lot of manufacturers say remove after filling. Including that one.

Thanks everyone for their help and advice :Wave:

Friend just finished and all sorted now. He had to remove the small bridging pipe between the 2 black wheels. Then connected flexible pipe from one end of the 2nd wheel and then lower down to the pipe on the 1st wheel. It had a ubend coming off it that was capped at one end. Then had to turn the 2nd black wheel only to refill the system.

Glad you got it sorted mate just in time for the cold spell coming soon. Do you think you could fill your boiler up yourself now that you have been shown?.

Glad you got it sorted mate just in time for the cold spell coming soon. Do you think you could fill your boiler up yourself now that you have been shown?.
Thanks. Yes think so. Just a bit fiddly and I'm sure they could have made it much simpler for the average home users like myself.

Thanks. Yes think so. Just a bit fiddly and I'm sure they could have made it much simpler for the average home users like myself.

Unfortunately that is progress for you. You can't touch anything without a white coat and a laptop or some other expensive testing equipment in fear of rules and regulations. Glad it's sorted m8 result. :thumbsup:

Back