Ferrari sim cards or sim 2.01

Gsmtech,

I have read all about this and the reason he reccomends a gemplus reader is because it works under windows and these programes that he has written are done under a Windows enviroment, these programmes i have uploaded will not work with pheonix readers, some of the omnikey readers work but i'm not sure which ones.

hi goose68, the program you have uploaded needs a scripts to update 2.0 to 2.01 i have just found a omikey 3121 and it recognizes the card but when i click on 2.0.2.01 button i get this message NOT WORKING we need the team 2.0/2.01 to send us the script!? can you help me?

Sorry ignore this last request just found i on clone site post back if it works

the gringo

Last edited:
ok guys all the stuff you have told me has sorted my sim, my cheap omikey 3121 done the trick, my next question is how do i update latest bl version (standby flash via http) and were do you find out what BL i have now?

found this on another site

How to find out your DM800 Bootloader
To find out what bootloader your DM800 is simply do the following
* Telnet to your box
* Type ' ipkg list '
* Look for the line - dreambox-secondstage - 7#-r0 -
i now have dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0
thanks
the gringo

Last edited:
I am' pretty sure although not quite 100% that you can now flash SSL76 images on your box, or the image followed by ssl76c. gsmtech will probably know more about this than me.

That's really good you have managed to upgrade, glad i've been able to help.

ok guys all the stuff you have told me has sorted my sim, my cheap omikey 3121 done the trick, my next question is how do i update latest bl version (standby flash via http) and were do you find out what BL i have now?

found this on another site

* Telnet to your box
* Type ' ipkg list '
i now have dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0
thanks
the gringo

So if I have read this correctly you have managed to succesfully upgrade your SIM2.0 to a SIM 2.01 currently running SSL75 ?

If this is the case you should be able to as menttioned by goose68 flash via the web interface, I originally had 2.01 and BL75 and upgrade to 76A/B/C worked fine.

In your case you've upgraded a SIM 2 to SIM 2.0.1 im not sure if your SIM is any different to a "original" SIM2.0.1 maybe SIM 2 and 2.01.are phsycially the same and just software/marketing sales trick by the chineese..I dont know 100% if a direct upgrade to SSL 76 will work on a upgraded SIM...Your going to have to test it and see !

- Either flash any compatible image which already includes a patched SSL 76, 76C is currently the latest.

- Or flash any compatible original image, and make sure you flash patched bootlaoder 76C BEFORE you reboot the box. (This is not needed if the image already includes a patched bootloader).

So if I have read this correctly you have managed to succesfully upgrade your SIM2.0 to a SIM 2.01 currently running SSL75 ?

If this is the case you should be able to as menttioned by goose68 flash via the web interface, I originally had 2.01 and BL75 and upgrade to 76A/B/C worked fine.

In your case you've upgraded a SIM 2 to SIM 2.0.1 im not sure if your SIM is any different to a "original" SIM2.0.1 maybe SIM 2 and 2.01.are phsycially the same and just software/marketing sales trick by the chineese..I dont know 100% if a direct upgrade to SSL 76 will work on a upgraded SIM...Your going to have to test it and see !

- Either flash any compatible image which already includes a patched SSL 76, 76C is currently the latest.

- Or flash any compatible original image, and make sure you flash patched bootlaoder 76C BEFORE you reboot the box. (This is not needed if the image already includes a patched bootloader).

Updated image last night with original dreamelite 1.3.3?didn't reboot flashed sim76c.nfi then rebooted, i have set my usuals up differently using advance mode:disq1.2, lnb1 and saying yes to extra voltage, repeating this for all other sats.

I have notice a few improvements but guess what I'm still getting tune fail.

When i use this method to find BL
* Telnet to your box
* Type ' ipkg list '
it still shows dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0
before it was 72.

Which channels do you get "tune failed" on ? Are your channel lists, bouquets and satellites.xml up to date ? Check to see if the channels you have issues on are on the same transponder or frequencies..

What are the signal levels like on the channels that have Tune Failed ? (SNR and BER).

Have you got a different reciever to test with does this have problems with the same channels ?

It could be that you have a dish/lnb/cabling/alignment issue. Maybe it's not the reciever or tuner at fault..

Alernatively you can take the reciever to a freinds house and test it from there..and see if you still get the same issies

Last edited:
yeah i have got to agree checking all that, if you don't have an upto date channel listing's you will get tune failed, they update frequency's daily, weekly that you have to update your settings every few weeks.

And as has been said check everything gsmtech has told you to do.

Ive installed vhannibal motor dated 9/11 then modified sky uk to my liking, its always happens when i go from ss2 to ss3 tune fail if i go back ie press 0 ss2 still get tune fail i then press 1 "bbc1" then 0 and ss2/3 are fine, I'm not able to test hd because the cs i have is having problems.

signal level is btween 85 and 95%, just realised i can plug my sky dish in and test with that,because ive had sky+ i just used there box, i only use dm for weekends to watch footie.

the gringo

Last edited:
Back