Ferguson ariva 120hd and A5H code.

Re: Ferguson ariva 120hd and ASH code.

Hi i have the same problem, Hi can anybody help please, Can Someone give us a step by step on how to recover my Ferguson ariva 120 combo from a ash code and now it wont turn on, Like what firmware to download to the box as i have a null cable and tried the latest firmware Dec 2011 but no joy,

If I could sort it myself I wouldn't ask him but thanks again for the help and advice. I'll see how it goes.

You may be able to sort yourself using the steps mentioned but it's not guaranteed if its from the batch with bad flash, returning it may be the only option after that,

Hi i have the same problem, Hi can anybody help please, Can Someone give us a step by step on how to recover my Ferguson ariva 120 combo from a ash code and now it wont turn on, Like what firmware to download to the box as i have a null cable and tried the latest firmware Dec 2011 but no joy,

Did you try the steps I mentioned two posts ago handymam? You can use any firmware you like once its compatible with the Ariva 120 HD Combo

You may be able to sort yourself using the steps mentioned but it's not guaranteed if its from the batch with bad flash, returning it may be the only option after that,

Would still give it a go at getting it going again first, then maybe could i return it to the manufacture?

Absolutely mate

Thank you, so much for your time but I'm doing something wrong.
I've connected the cable from PC to the box opened this file Ariva_HDcombo_Upgrader.zip‎, clicked on start but now am stuck :) :)
Whats the next move.

Thank you.

I've connected the cable from PC to the box opened this file.... Ali Flash tool clicked on start but now am stuck :) :)
Whats the next move.

Thank you.

I also tried Ariva HDcombo Upgrader but cant get any further as well, Perhaps the box is faulty after all.

I've connected the cable from PC to the box opened this file Ariva_HDcombo_Upgrader.zip‎, clicked on start but now am stuck :) :)
Whats the next move.

Thank you.

I also tried Ariva HDcombo Upgrader but cant get any further as well, Perhaps the box is faulty after all.

Have you tried the steps I posted here?

You can try flashing the box 20 times and it can fail, and on the 21st go it could work.

If you get nowhere with it, the unit with the ASH issue will have to go back to Ferguson, as this is as a result of a faulty batch of flash chips installed before Christmas, it is fully covered under the warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

FWIW, I'm on my third Ariva box now. First two did the ASH thing and died.

I returned both boxes to the supplier, and was told that there may be more boxes affected than just the batch around Christmas. Apparently the affected boxes will last for around 3 weeks and then give up the ghost. The failure pattern appears to be ASH in the display, followed by not powering up at all.

I couldn't reflash them back to life with the null modem cable, no matter how many times I tried. And it wasn't a problem with the cable or the PC, because the first attempted flash made it past the download phase but failed when it attempted to burn the new image. Subsequent attempts failed at a much earlier stage, and simply gave a serial port communication error.

I'm currently on Ariva no. 3, and it'll be 3 weeks old this Friday - the 13th...

Have you tried the steps I posted here?

You can try flashing the box 20 times and it can fail, and on the 21st go it could work.

If you get nowhere with it, the unit with the ASH issue will have to go back to Ferguson, as this is as a result of a faulty batch of flash chips installed before Christmas, it is fully covered under the warranty.

Hi thanks for your help once again, yes i tried your steps and it must be, that the box is dead after all, it wont come round at all.
I'll contact Ferguson, if i can find a contact number and see if i can return it.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

FWIW, I'm on my third Ariva box now. First two did the ASH thing and died.

I returned both boxes to the supplier, and was told that there may be more boxes affected than just the batch around Christmas. Apparently the affected boxes will last for around 3 weeks and then give up the ghost. The failure pattern appears to be ASH in the display, followed by not powering up at all.

I couldn't reflash them back to life with the null modem cable, no matter how many times I tried. And it wasn't a problem with the cable or the PC, because the first attempted flash made it past the download phase but failed when it attempted to burn the new image. Subsequent attempts failed at a much earlier stage, and simply gave a serial port communication error.

I'm currently on Ariva no. 3, and it'll be 3 weeks old this Friday - the 13th...

Thanks for that advice too.

hi cuebase, i have the arriva 12o receiver, and i have been tryn to setup the c line, i have been following ur old post to other peeps, its been splendid so far, a have a test line ready, and i have tried the notepad thing, but it do not show up on the tv when i put the usb in the receiver, i do name the file as allshares.dat jus like you said, pls help, cheers

hi, can anyone help me load the c line onto ma ariva 120hd, and what is box flashing, do i need it?

Well, the person I got the 120 from changed it to a Ariva 200 and it looks to be working fine.

Thanks for you help.

hi cuebase, i have the arriva 12o receiver, and i have been tryn to setup the c line, i have been following ur old post to other peeps, its been splendid so far, a have a test line ready, and i have tried the notepad thing, but it do not show up on the tv when i put the usb in the receiver, i do name the file as allshares.dat jus like you said, pls help, cheers

Hey mate, to upload a line to the box simply copy and paste it to notepad and save the file as allshares.dat

Once you've inserted the USB into the box go to TOOLS then → Upgrade By USB and choose your allshares file (keep scrolling to the right until you see it);

60764183.png

hi, can anyone help me load the c line onto ma ariva 120hd, and what is box flashing, do i need it?

Yes mate you need to flash/patch the box before you can upload a line to it.

To do so follow the instructions below;

(1) Decompress the ZIP-file (firmware or patched) and copy software file to the USB portable memory.
(2) Plug USB portable memory into USB port of receiver.
(3) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
n50n40.gif

(4) As upgrade mode choose: Allcode+bootloader
(5) Select the firmware file
(6) Press start to upgrade receiver
15wkthj.gif

(7) Please wait... After the upgrade is done successfully the receiver will reboot automatically

I recommend using Firmware 2.15B5 Patched

Thanks for this tuto

Yes mate you need to flash/patch the box before you can upload a line to it.

To do so follow the instructions below;

(1) Decompress the ZIP-file (firmware or patched) and copy software file to the USB portable memory.
(2) Plug USB portable memory into USB port of receiver.
(3) Go to Menu->Tools->Upgrade By USB
n50n40.gif

(4) As upgrade mode choose: Allcode+bootloader
(5) Select the firmware file
(6) Press start to upgrade receiver
15wkthj.gif

(7) Please wait... After the upgrade is done successfully the receiver will reboot automatically

I recommend using Firmware 2.15B5 Patched

Thanks to everyone. 1 box saved from the ASH. Great work please keep it going.

Back