red button:epg
green button :subservices
yellow button: plugins
blue button: PD panel
help button can be set pvr
cvs date 25:06:2007
Web Interface 6.0.2-Expert
pmt.tmp

emus can be download from our addon server directly from the blue button (currently offline but will be active shortly ! )

news avaible via blue button

Picture icons are now internal can be truned on or off via the expert setup menu
icons are under /var/tuxbox/icon and must have same channel name xxxx.png

Infobar fixed for uk

ONline image updates are now available via the software upgrade menu under expert setup..NO NEED FOR DREAMUP LOL (server will be up and running shortly heheh)

option to have a picture displayed in mp3mode (must have mp3.png in /var/tuxbox/icon)

SCANNING: 6952 and 6887 INCLUDEING BRUTEFORCE
Terrerstrial.xml for chrous ntl

PVR mode can be enabled via blue panel ( once enabled to record simply press "help" then "radio" to start recording)
Bouqett changes like neutrino < >

boot pictures can be changed via blue button

also many more features i have forgoten about

thanks to everyone who has a dreambox !

please ftp the UKCABLEpack included in the zip to /tmp and install via blue button

note this is my alpha image and as such may contain small bugs please either post or pm about said bugs (if any lol)

cheers

osborne82

Last edited:
kewl going to downlaods now and will have a play with tomorrow.

just want to thankyou for putting in the time and hard work and of course sharing it with all of us.

does this image include old and new tuner driver?, as my box only works with old driver. Thanks.

does this image include old and new tuner driver?, as my box only works with old driver. Thanks.

it has the latest tuner. give it a try u never know it may work for u :)

cheers

osborne82

i might just do that, but i won't hold much hope for it! Not dissing your image just the new tuner driver.

You said it has the info bar for the Uk, does that mean it has 'now and next' EPG,? If it has 'now and next ' are releasing an image for DM 600 or you won't be because you don't have a DM600?

Still no go with this image on my box, so frustrating as scans take 30 mins for me!!!!! Have to keep going back to wiggy 0.6 with old tuner driver, as DW is picky with scanning some channels even with booster/ attenuator.

You said it has the info bar for the Uk, does that mean it has 'now and next' EPG,? If it has 'now and next ' are releasing an image for DM 600 or you won't be because you don't have a DM600?

yes i have plans for dm600 image ( i am waiting on funds to clear so i may get a dm600 too lol )

cheers

osborne82

usual question here....are there any bugs with this image regarding the locking of bouquets ? ie do they stay locked after reboot

usual question here....are there any bugs with this image regarding the locking of bouquets ? ie do they stay locked after reboot

tbh i aint tried locking owt lol dont really have to in my house heheh best bet would be to try for ya self if theres a problem i will take alook and see if i can improve the locking setup :)

cheers

osborne82

Hello all.

Firstly, let me congratulate everyone involved with the making of this image. I have used it for almost a week now and can honestly say that it is now my favourite. It isn't perfect by any means but that, I fear, has more to do with the general Enigma layout than its creators limitations.

Secondly, but probably should have been first, I am astonished at the lack of feedback for what is an overall excellent image from a well respected member/members. I can only assume that many people are eagerly awaiting the arrival of another Neutrino image to toy with.

Now to one or two gripes :)

1) BLUE button menu too easy to trigger accidentally as it only takes a single press. Much better to have to press and hold for a sec or two I think.

2) There appears to be no multi-channel epg available. Please advise if I am wrong. Actually I don't really mind as it looks awful on these Enigma images, unless you have found a way to make it look more pleasing? :)

3) I have altered the remote control key layout file (rcdm5xxx.xml), and placed a copy in the resources folder within var, so that I can move from one bouquet to another using volume up and down as opposed to the next and previous keys. Think this might be a worthwhile alteration in order to make this easier, especially whilst using in the dark, etc..

Can't think of much else at the minute except to say thanks and I look forward to your Beta release :) Chris.

Last edited:
1) BLUE button menu too easy to trigger accidentally as it only takes a single press. Much better to have to press and hold for a sec or two I think.

2) There appears to be no multi-channel epg available. Please advise if I am wrong. Actually I don't really mind as it looks awful on these Enigma images, unless you have found a way to make it look more pleasing? :)

3) I have altered the remote control key layout file (rcdm5xxx.xml), and placed a copy in the resources folder within var, so that I can move from one bouquet to another using volume up and down as opposed to the next and previous keys. Think this might be a worthwhile alteration in order to make this easier, especially whilst using in the dark, etc..

Can't think of much else at the minute except to say thanks and I look forward to your Beta release :) Chris.

many thanks for the reply :) i like u had hoped for more but hey lol

anyway to your problems the epg is there m8 u just need to press red twice fairly fast should be able to choose channel epg or multi epg ( i am working on changing the layout of the epg menus slightly hopefully give it a better look)

the button presses can be changed via the expert setup then choose remote setup playaround with the timout settings in there till u find a sweet spot u like should sort the blue panel from coming up so easly

little faults i found were direct recording just hangs the box but im aware of the problem and the fix hehe (my fault witht that one )
this will be fixed along with the addons server being online in the next release as u already have it on u may upgrade via the software upgrade function on the dreambox (aslong as dreambox connected to net)

again thanks for the feedback

osborne82

OK, you got me - I'll p it tonight and report tomorrow. I've been a fan of Osbourne for a while now...

Okeydokey chapps and chapesses,

This is great. Loads great, looks great, works great - and scans superfast.

Love it.

Best image since Wiggy's.

As my little girl will say - no doubt - tomorrow morning,

Dora the Explorer has never looked this good!

Thanks for your work.

lo all could someone who has this image on please install this little update
do not unzip just download to your dekstop and rename the betaaddons.tar.bz2.zip to betaaddons.tar.bz2 and ftp the attached bz2 over to the /tmp and use the blue button to install once installed please come out of all menus, then please try to download from the pd-addons extra menu (second one down in menu :) )

note:not all addons are in place but theres a few emus there to try

please let me know if this works for u :)

cheers

osborne82

Last edited:
Hello all.

Thank you osborne82 for the previous info, it did help to get the multi channel epg up, and it didn't look that bad...I think the effect varies widely depending on what colour scheme you use. Which reminds me I must dig out Devilfish's explanation about installing skins...I fancy a bash at that next :)

I have just downloaded this new addon file but have yet to install as it seems too small to be of any use as you mention emu's...214 bytes. Is it the correct size?

Thanks for your time, Chris.

Hello all.

Thank you osborne82 for the previous info, it did help to get the multi channel epg up, and it didn't look that bad...I think the effect varies widely depending on what colour scheme you use. Which reminds me I must dig out Devilfish's explanation about installing skins...I fancy a bash at that next :)

I have just downloaded this new addon file but have yet to install as it seems too small to be of any use as you mention emu's...214 bytes. Is it the correct size?

Thanks for your time, Chris.

yeah its the correct size it should let u download skins/plugins/emus etc directly from the addon menu (once iv uploaded everything on server there are limited emus up at the mo ) once uve installed it that is :)

cheers

osborne82

just been playing with locking things and it seems to stay locked after reboot/power down but only if u set up both locks twice in a row then do a restart enigma via the shutdown menu
but i think the whole locking bouqets on enigma needs looking at some more :)

cheers

osborne82

Is there anyway you could compile a version of this image with the old tuner driver included too osborne. I would love to be able to play with this image, but the newer driver doesn't work with my box. I know a few people on here have problems with the new driver too.

Back