Fcuking frying steak cant cook it

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
love steak and stuff but cant always be botherd to cook it so I tend to like steak saunys with red onion and stuff thing is I cant cook it at home its always chewy and tuff.

tried beating it first then a quick fry on medium heat 2 to 3 mins each side

also next time a tried a higher heat

and ive even tried boiling it in gray very slowly

Anyone know the score on this Im a decent cook and always use a my local butchers nice fillets and stuff

just cant understand how I cant cook this thin steak stuff I cook joints and stews and stuff all the time :proud:

I find buying the best stuff comes out nice and melt in ur mouth yummie.

I used to buy joints from butchers and asda, no matter how I cooked them they were tough an shitty.

I brought a joint from sainsburys, sirloin i think it was... what they cut their steak fillets from, used that in the oven... it didnt need chewing lol, melted in ya mouth.

Ok joint was £18 but fook me was worth every penny.

A lot of it is down to the quality of the meat. I.E. the length of time it has been hung for.

You want 3 weeks as a min, best 4 or longer.

I find buying the best stuff comes out nice and melt in ur mouth yummie.

I used to buy joints from butchers and asda, no matter how I cooked them they were tough an shitty.

I brought a joint from sainsburys, sirloin i think it was... what they cut their steak fillets from, used that in the oven... it didnt need chewing lol, melted in ya mouth.

Ok joint was £18 but fook me was worth every penny.

I can cook the thicker sirloin fillets nice not a problem also joints and stuff not a problem Im not paying £18 quid to make 2 saunys though lol

I will have a word with the lass at my local Deli lol :proud:

A lot of it is down to the quality of the meat. I.E. the length of time it has been hung for.

You want 3 weeks as a min, best 4 or longer.

never knew that one good info there

is that why young lasses like old codgers then :proud:

couldnt help me self

follow this...u won't be sorry...this is how i cook it..

pre heat oven....stick steak in frying pan on fairly high heat, just to brown it off on both sides....about 5 mins should do it.....then place steak in foil ..not tightly wrapped alow for breathing room in side foil..although turn all corners over so nothing acan escape, leave in oven for around 30-40 mins on oven mark 180 (thats a fan i don't know what that is for gas) and believe mean, this will fall apart when u cut it...mmmmmm

follow this...u won't be sorry...this is how i cook it..

pre heat oven....stick steak in frying pan on fairly high heat, just to brown it off on both sides....about 5 mins should do it.....then place steak in foil ..not tightly wrapped alow for breathing room in side foil..although turn all corners over so nothing acan escape, leave in oven for around 30-40 mins on oven mark 180 (thats a fan i don't know what that is for gas) and believe mean, this will fall apart when u cut it...mmmmmm

damm 40 mins for frying steak i will have a go though better be one tasty sauny lol

OMG......i just realised........poor lassie :NoNo:

Thin, frying steak is very different to 'proper' steak. use a heavy non-stick pan, put your hob on the highest setting, add a drop of oil then 1 sliced clove of garlic and a quartered large shallot wait until it is sizzling hot then chuck in the steak, 1 minute maximum on each side.

Thin, frying steak is very different to 'proper' steak. use a heavy non-stick pan, put your hob on the highest setting, add a drop of oil then 1 sliced clove of garlic and a quartered large shallot wait until it is sizzling hot then chuck in the steak, 1 minute maximum on each side.

I was gonna say that, you're probably just cooking a bit too long (it really should be just a quick one minute each side on a high heat. Alternative is to braise the steak (similar to the previous oven suggestion).

ground nut oil is your friend when cooking steak, it gets nice and hot and doesnt flaovur the meat.

put a table sppon or two of ground nut oil in a non stick pan or wok whack the heat on high dont put hte meat in till the oil just starts to smoke a little.

2 mins a side and you done

in the last 30 secs of cooking drop in a knob of butter into the pan for extra flavor

Last edited:

Agree with this.
Also take out of fridge maybe 1 hour before so the meat doesnt get shock from cold to hot as this can tighten beef

yes guy's i am....lol sos didn't read thread properly...thats the method i use when cooking sirlion...

if you say its too tough to eat , then you cooked it too long, i normally cook a 1/2 thick steak , fry 2 mins each side for medium rare, 3 mins for well done. ( high heat and dont keep turning over ) once each side.
fry some onions and some mushrooms ( only for 2 mins, or you will kill the taste. ) pile on a few chips and green beans.

Now you got me hungry. !!!

P.S. if you buy cheap steaks ( fatty ), doesnt matter what you do to them they still taste crap. i tend to go for Rump, i prefer that to sirloin.

Last edited:
Back