Faulty dreamboxes 7020s...

doc_gibson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently have 3 x DB7020S left over from my sat days. 2 of them however I believe to be faulty.

First one fell off the TV and never booted up since. Have opened it up for a little gander, nothing in there that rattles or got disconnected as far as I can tell, so not sure what to do with that.

Second one seems to have a tuner fault. Basically wont lock onto certain channels with a specific sat signal. Although that was going through a disceqc switch, I eliminated everything else by testing with another box. I was hoping between the two boxes I could one working out of them, but I have no further skills than opening it up, and poking around with a multimeter! Anyone know of repairers etc?!

My third one is currently sitting under the telly doing such a simple task it is now going to waste!! I basically still want access to some 19e & 13e FTA channels, which any box capable of disceq could do, so I probably sell/swap.

I take it getting the tuners out of these boxes for swapping around is no easy task?

the tuners in these are soldered in m8, so some skill would be required. i may be interested in working/non working for sale swap

the one that wouldnt lock on to any sats did you check to make sure it had a correct up to date satellites.xml in it?

the tuners in these are soldered in m8, so some skill would be required. i may be interested in working/non working for sale swap

i'll swap a working 500s please sort the transaction out mate lol

the one that wouldnt lock on to any sats did you check to make sure it had a correct up to date satellites.xml in it?

yeah rescans wouldn't even find those particular channels, plus i had more than one running at the same time from the same dish and lnb's and this was the only box that showed this problem

Had a bit interest in the faulty boxes, so I'm going to test them again, make sure of the condition, and was planning on putting in the trade section if they is wanted...no original boxes, maybe a manual if really needed, but am assuming ppl know what they are doing if they is getting a faulty dm7020s. Of course, I have the remotes which work.

edit...150 posts needed to trade...it could be a while as i aint a waffler...i hope!

Last edited:
Back