Fat troops 'unfit for Afghanistan'

Munkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Britain's war effort in Afghanistan is being hindered by a number of frontline troops too fat to fight, according to a leaked Army memo. Skip related content

The Ministry of Defence confirmed today it had directed military chiefs to ensure units are following Army fitness policy after concerns were raised over a "worrying trend of obesity".

The Army needs to "reinvigorate a warrior ethos and a culture of being fit", according to the leaked memo apparently sent to all Army units and obtained by the Observer newspaper.

The memo from Major Brian Dupree, of the Army physical training corps in Wiltshire, said basic fitness policy "is not being carried out".

Units were routinely failing to fulfil the Army's basic fitness regime of two hours of physical exercise a week, he added.

The memo leaked to the paper said: "The numbers of personnel unable to deploy and concerns about obesity throughout the Army are clearly linked to current attitudes towards physical training."

There are 3,860 Army personnel classified as PUD - personnel unable to deploy - with a further 8,190 regarded as being of "limited deployability" for medical reasons, it was reported.

Major Dupree added: "The current Army fitness policy states that to be fit to fight requires a minimum of two to three hours of physical activity per week. It is clear that even this most basic policy is not being implemented.

"To cope with the demands of hybrid operations in Afghanistan and future conflicts the Army needs personnel with that battle-winning edge that sustains them through adversity. It is clear this message has been diluted recently and this attitude must change.

"The increasing PUD list and concerns over obesity in the services are clearly linked to this indifferent attitude."

yahoo

I'm going to head out to Afghanistan with a white van full of steak n kidney pie's, just watch me trade that lot for a Chinook.

I dont see why they go there the c*nts first america looks for a reason to attack the middle east then does the 9/11 yes its a bloody conspiracy we all know or atleast the non-bush-bum lickers then they go and kick innocent people and call on airstrikes.

Think im nuts : Iraq Body Count

Now tell me ?

They also rape prisoners in guantanamo and torture them :( SAD

(Talking about American Soldier's here)

Last edited:
all sorted

Last edited:
i take it that you are NOT british? why are british troops c*nts? our troops have no choice on where they go, its the goverment that say. our troops deserve all the support they get and more. as for your link to iraq, take your head out of your arse and do some research, british troops are not even in iraq at the min, they just pulled out till the iraq goverment give permision, to go back in and restart the training of the iraq army.

i now this as gone off topic but posts like that make my blood boil

Im talking about the american soldiers. Im british. You mis-understood my fault.

I wouldnt call my own countries troops c*nts its America thats the problem.

Last edited:
Britain's war effort in Afghanistan is being hindered by a number of frontline troops too fat to fight, according to a leaked Army memo. Skip related content

The Ministry of Defence confirmed today it had directed military chiefs to ensure units are following Army fitness policy after concerns were raised over a "worrying trend of obesity".

The Army needs to "reinvigorate a warrior ethos and a culture of being fit", according to the leaked memo apparently sent to all Army units and obtained by the Observer newspaper.

The memo from Major Brian Dupree, of the Army physical training corps in Wiltshire, said basic fitness policy "is not being carried out".

Units were routinely failing to fulfil the Army's basic fitness regime of two hours of physical exercise a week, he added.

The memo leaked to the paper said: "The numbers of personnel unable to deploy and concerns about obesity throughout the Army are clearly linked to current attitudes towards physical training."

There are 3,860 Army personnel classified as PUD - personnel unable to deploy - with a further 8,190 regarded as being of "limited deployability" for medical reasons, it was reported.

Major Dupree added: "The current Army fitness policy states that to be fit to fight requires a minimum of two to three hours of physical activity per week. It is clear that even this most basic policy is not being implemented.

"To cope with the demands of hybrid operations in Afghanistan and future conflicts the Army needs personnel with that battle-winning edge that sustains them through adversity. It is clear this message has been diluted recently and this attitude must change.

"The increasing PUD list and concerns over obesity in the services are clearly linked to this indifferent attitude."

yahoo

Munkey hurry up and make that sauna then you can chuck all the fat b@stards in there lol :proud:

who cares who shoots a terrorist?

fat or anorexic?

if they stop terrorism then who gives a **** what size they are!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I used Google street maps to zoom in on the Helmund province and here's what I found.

485340695_e6d0994abf.jpg

PMSL, you gotta laugh at the way he's standing in the queer pose, the Afghani's must be shitting themselves.

If he got lost in the desert he'd be good for a few months, he may actually come back combat ready.

PMSL, you gotta laugh at the way he's standing in the queer pose, the Afghani's must be shitting themselves.

If he got lost in the desert he'd be good for a few months, he may actually come back combat ready.

i think you must've typed in Hellmann's instead of Helmand m8.

I dont see why they go there the c*nts first america looks for a reason to attack the middle east then does the 9/11 yes its a bloody conspiracy we all know or atleast the non-bush-bum lickers then they go and kick innocent people and call on airstrikes.

Now tell me ?

Yes I think you are nuts.

Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq said:
Along with other human rights organizations, The Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian executions in Iraq. Human Rights Watch reports that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran. Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power

Now even that is problematic. Just as the actual total dead during the Jewish Holocaust, to know exactly what happened under these despicable regimes is close to impossible.

The point is he was killing his own civilians en masse for decades, and it took us (the west) far to long to intervene. We should have cleaned house during the first gulf war, and never have left those poor people to die.

Compare that to the 100,000 ish killed from 2003, and there is a major difference, especially when you factor in a lot of those casualties are attributed to acts of terrorism, and not coalition forces.

But you carry on pointing the finger. The finger which would still be inserted into your anus whilst thousands were being massacred by a tyrant.

Please go ahead and do the 'well why don't we go into Zimbabwe, why don't we go into North Korea, why don't we invade Marks & Spencers because of their ridiculous prices?!'

I'm waiting.

It's called whale armour munkey, dontcha even know that yet?

Now tell me ?

I should carry on with the medicine. i know its frightening, to have to live in the real world, but lots of us do! honest its worth a try!

I'm not sure you are nuts, just easily lead/gullible or plain stupid. 911 "conspiracy" indeed. don't you have anything "useful" to do? Idol hands/minds, and all that.

Just like to take this opportunity to remind any fat troops on DW that we do have a health and fitness section.:Cheers:

Yes I think you are nuts.*

Now even that is problematic. Just as the actual total dead during the Jewish Holocaust, to know exactly what happened under these despicable regimes is close to impossible.

The point is he was killing his own civilians en masse for decades, and it took us (the west) far to long to intervene. We should have cleaned house during the first gulf war, and never have left those poor people to die
.**

Compare that to the 100,000 ish killed from 2003, and there is a major difference, especially when you factor in a lot of those casualties are attributed to acts of terrorism, and not coalition forces.

But you carry on pointing the finger. The finger which would still be inserted into your anus whilst thousands were being massacred by a tyrant.

Please go ahead and do the 'well why don't we go into Zimbabwe, why don't we go into North Korea, why don't we invade Marks & Spencers because of their ridiculous prices?!'

I'm waiting.

* change the record m8. even you are allowed to speak your mind without being insulted for it.

** we put him there so don't give me that .. we all have our own wee opinions now don't we. next you'll be saying JFK was killed by a crazy lone gunman on a grassy knoll. nothing to do with the Federal Reserve he was off to abolish. eh

* change the record m8. even you are allowed to speak your mind without being insulted for it.

He suggested that I might believe he is nuts; I just confirmed his initial suspicion.

** we put him there so don't give me that .. we all have our own wee opinions now don't we.

The 'we put him there' argument is so boring and lacking in intelligent nuanced thought.

The world is a bad place, and we have to deal with bad people for the greater good, in Saddam's instance, we needed a secular leader to combat the ever increasing rise of Islamic fundamentalism and also to secure an energy supply in the region.

What, you are shocked that nation states act out of self interest?! Anybody who does the 'blood for oil' thing whilst driving about in a car, enjoying the benefits of western civilisation is a hypocrite. Those dinosaur bones come from somewhere you know.

As soon as it became politically viable again (after the toothless Bush Senior pulled out, leaving thousands to their death), they took the piece of shit out, and have set about rebuilding a country broken by despotism, sanctions, and yes, war.

Did they use 9/11 as the catalyst to get the backing to take him out, undoubtedly.

I am pro American, yes (my younger years were spent devouring left wing literature, and that inevitably led to anti-US ideas, which have fell away as I grew older). Have the US done some extremely bad and stupid things? Of course. They are far from perfect.

My point is that ultimately, when the chips are counted, America, and the west are a force for good in the world (if you believe 'good' to be based upon our laws, and the concept of Libertie, Egalitie, & Fraternitie).

To call American soldiers rapists and murderers when compared to the barbarity of the torture (not pouring water up somebody's nose but actually beating and chopping), beheadings and dragging corpses through the streets is flawed at best.

But, we have the freedom to navel gaze don't we, to pick at our own scabs, and blame ourselves for the worlds ills.

next you'll be saying JFK was killed by a crazy lone gunman on a grassy knoll. nothing to do with the Federal Reserve he was off to abolish. eh

I'm staying out of JFK, Moon landings, Fluoride, and lizards, as this has nothing to do with the debate in hand which is:

'The lethargic left: how freedom & moral relativism leads to reactionary dissent.'

Why am I being asked to connect to soldier415.cdglobal.net when I click on this thread?????????????????????

Back