Fasting blood test, have I cocked up ?

parker13

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an appointment at the docs today, the 15th at 9.30, I was under the impression I had to eat nothing all day and go back at the end of the day to have some blood taken but now i'm wondering if I should of eaten nothing tonight and the blood test is at 9.30, any ideas ?

Got an appointment at the docs today, the 15th at 9.30, I was under the impression I had to eat nothing all day and go back at the end of the day to have some blood taken but now i'm wondering if I should of eaten nothing tonight and the blood test is at 9.30, any ideas ?

yes mate, should not of eaten or drunk anything for 12 hrs prior

can sip water, an have small mouthful's.

what is the blood test for ?

Bugger, had to wait over a month for it, went for a general health check and blood pressure was high, 91, so the nurse said I had to have a fasting blood test, I must of not understood what I had to do, bit worried as i'm in my mid thirties.

Bugger, had to wait over a month for it, went for a general health check and blood pressure was high, 91, so the nurse said I had to have a fasting blood test, I must of not understood what I had to do, bit worried as i'm in my mid thirties.

what was the last time you ate ?

speak with them, they might put off the test for a few hrs ..

Parker m8 you should be alright, it is best to fast for more than 12 hours and drink plenty of water but blood pressure can vary like hell, could have been anything which had it high at that time, it may well be settled down now.

I would be reasonable sure you will be fine with the blood test as long as you DO NOT eat in the morning. If its a full blood test you wont get the results tomorrow as they will be sent to the lab. Last full blood test I had....I was told to fast for 12-24 hours and drink plenty of water.

Cheers guys, will give them a bell in the morning and see what they say.

Jaffa's correct. As long as you haven't eaten since about midnight you'll be absolutely fine.

Yep, cocked up, re-arranged for the 30th.

12 hours I beleive, I had a late tea, ate about eleven.

yes mate, due to the high blood pressure.
I have to do these as well. I was told by one of the nurses at the clinic that if you eat within a certain time it can give a false reading on the levels of cholesterol in your blood.

One time, I ate quite late at night before going in for the test in the morning and didnt tell them, my levels turned out to be a lot higher than they should.

Back