Fantasy Football

are we gonna have a fantasy footy leauge on dw ?

I was just gonna post to see if any members interested in a DW fantasy footy league and see this post done already.
So is anyone else interested in joining a DigitalWorldz footy league? Its easy to set up so that its just for us members on here and could be good fun. Maybe use yahoo as an alternative to above, as i know you can set that up for a private league really simple, and you can have up to 50 members which should be enough.
Post if you want to join, because the new seasons here very soon, so we'll have to get working on it.

Are you going to run it Pinky?

I was going to set one up but I do not have the time...:(

I have an Excel Spreadsheet one, that maybe eveyweek we can integrate into the forums...

We need to speak to mickie or gaz regarding that though.

yep, i dont have a problem with setting up something and doing admin side of things. It kinda runs its self once set-up if you use a free one like yahoo. All stats are worked out and if people dont update their team for ages etc then it just continues with previous settings. So its just a fun challenge between us all here who are interested and you dont need to spend loads of time on it.
Not sure how the spreadsheet version works? I presume you would need to manually update with weekly stats?

Yes, you manually hav eto enter the weeks points in but it does the rest for you.

Do you have a link for the yawhore one?

h**p://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/salary
If you click rules at top left it gives you some good info. You have to have a yahoo account to set up, but i dont think everyone has to have yahoo account, only the admin. But this is just an example, we dont have to use yahoo, there must be others that do similar automated private leagues. I just know that yahoo one is simple but you still have control and its fully automated where you need it. Any other comments appreciated on this, because i think we could get a regular thing going for DW footy fans.

Rodahle, it was your idea first m8, you can take the admin if ya want:) I'm not taking your glory.
However, i dont mind as i'm sure you dont mind either way, but the main problem we have is that this thread doesnt seem too popular? No-one else interested?

might be worth a post in the general section to make everyone aware its on do u recon ?

also its v. quite generally on the forum probably due to start of holiday season.

im sure most of the guys who post during the season in here will want to join.

is there a script available Digital World could purchase to run this ?

if so we would be interested in buying such a script for you, i would setup but others would need to run i have enough to do ;)

let me have a look i might even be able to get my hands on something... have not got the time anymore to make php scripts :(

Regards
Mickie D

I have a Excel spread sheet that I used for my dads pub last season, it is relativly easy to set up once all the players are entered in, (that bit is time consuming) and the entering of the player scores takes about 30 mins to 1 hour every week.

The thing is I would love to run it but I aint got the time at the mo due to work. :(
as I am doing 12 - 14 hour days at the mo:( fooking shagged.....

Except when I am in the northeast meating up with Diamond...;)

Back