F***ing rip off merchants

Um, I hate sport too... Only have the basic Sky sub for Comedy Channel and a few others like Sky 1.

Funny you should say this... I was on the 12 monther from a code and it lapsed last month. Anyway I wasn't bothered as its crap and we only use it for sky+ and a few other channels, so I wasn't going to renew (which I didn't). The woman on the phone asked why I ordered it in the first place as I told her what I thought and I said - because its half price!

Anyway got the classic phone call over the weekend, would I like to continue with Sky if they can do the half price jobby again which I said yes (so Im back on- boooo!!!). Anyway my point of this is, I was sure it was like an extra fiver for sports last time I checked, when the guy on the phone said no its usually £20 I was like what!!!?

Im on a rolling 30 day contract at half price, and I think its only a matter of time before the Sky monopoly bubble bursts - lets be fair, they haven't done badly out of it have they?!

it is good to see Sly being given a run for the money. Cheeky gits think free broadband matches BT's deal!

i loved sky and paid for eveything...but now i have a solo2 i dont even watch sky anymore i just watch netflix and odd thing on freeview...

the £10.50 extra for HD really winds me up.... full multi-pack in sd for £26.50 pm then free bt sports 1/2/espn if your a bt broadband customer(which alot of sly subscribers are) is alot better than £76.50 pm for full pack in HD with espn.. get yourself a 1m motorised dish with a vu+ or tm5402 for all the other stuff out there for free. the amount of adverts are shocking! i was only saying to my m8 last night when watching enterprise on sly atlantic. the programme started at 6pm and at 6.05pm there was an advert break FFS,regards mdt

I would not watch football if you paid me, I will be watching the soon to be released ashes HD channel though, and the rugby, tennis, F1. basically any sport but football.

plus ONE to that M8 football should be sponsored by ANDREX too expensive and very soft! that is the players !

Sky in NZ is overpriced as well, and they're not showing football or wimbledon. It's also extra for hd. Won't be long before the internet bandwidth limits are high enough for most people here to just get the content direct.

SKY are not showing wimbeldon here m8 it is only on bbc can you put the ondemand app on your sat box

Back