Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ex5000 pvr

I have purchased and moved on 3 of these boxes over the last month or so, Version 1.1a does solve most of the prpblems, however the down side to 1.1a is it sometimes means you have to install all the 41 channel freq yourself as it sometimes only picks up 1 or 2. The 1st time I set 1 of these up it was a nightmare, all the same problems, these is also the issue that it locks up durring firmware updates. NO BOXES ATM ARE BEING SOLD WITH THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSIONS OF THE FIRMWARE ON THEM, Except on EBAY. So you will need your NULL MODEMS, go look on Bigmaq for tips on how to do this and also other helpfull things here also.

Your signal is low. Get a signal booster from argos SLX1 £8.99.

Also try it without the spliiter and modem it will most likely work.

yes i agree with AGENTX your signal is low you may live in a high demand area the new boxes may need more than you cable can provide
ive got friends who had the same problem with their euros ,eg had 1 friend that wanted another euro in another room but couldnt because he wasnt receiving enough of a signal to run both boxes but he wasnt subscribing so what could he do i recon its always a good idea to at least get broadband from them then you could always blag a problem
but dont have it on whilst contacting them they will be able to tell somehow that you have something drawing a signal that you shouldnt have
& if you do have a cable box from them ALWAYS HAVE IT CONNECTED TO THE CABLE FEED IN SOMEWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE CONSTANTLY SENDING SIGNALS UPDATING THERE BOXES & THEY KNOW WHEN ITS NOT CONNECTED ,we still subscibe to the 3 services but ive got the top broadband basic television etc but ive run a feed to my bedroom & connected the virgin box in there so the can update there box its permanently connected plus ive got digital tv in bedroom now
ive gone off on a tangent a bit there but the point i was trying to make is dont be greedy give if you get a decent broadband package youll be able to make sure you get all the signal you require

Back