Ev Ex5000 PVr Help

marty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking for help on this box, if anybody else has had the same problem....
The box is as stated above and has the 1/12/08 firmware on. It works ok when first switched on BUT after a while it won't record ! I've tried re-flashing firmware, removing & re-installing hard-drive which puts it right for a while then none of the record functions work(Won't Pause/record - won't instantly record or timer record). It also seems to take a while after been on standby to get a picture on the screen. This is a first with Eurovox faults for me but my neighbour is ready for throwing it out of the window !!

couple of my mates had the same problems and they were told its common fault for ex5000,they have moved on to the ex5100 which to date they have not had any problems.i know this is not much help but thats what i know if that is any help.

Last edited:
Cheers mate....I think I might swap it for the new box but still use the faulty one without the hard-drive as a standard box

Hiya

I've got one and have no issues with same fix on.
Could it be the hard drive at fault?
Might be worth trying another if possible.
Mines a samsung 80gb.
cheers

Hi Johny - Thanx but other people who have the same box also have no issues...... must be a common fault with the box as stated.... perhaps only hits one in so many !

Back