Eurovox?

hi lensden here ive been reading info on this thread i have a dbox2 /eurovox/fta101. dbox2 is definately the best with full epg channel info.
eurovox comes second with limited epg. but fta 101 is ok with limited epg but there is a long delay when switching channels which can be annoying so i would say eurovox is better than the fta101 as there is no delay when switching channels

sijones said:
2 females, but still needs to be a null modem, check pins 2 and 3 are crossed, if they are then it's a null modem cable...
wrong not for the FTA101 = straight serial 9pin to serial 9pin female on both ends...

eurovox uses a null modem lead
dbox2 uses a null modem lead
silverbox uses a null modem lead

i have tried all boxs and they work fine but are a lot slower than a dbox2 for channel clearing...

LENSDEN said:
hi lensden here ive been reading info on this thread i have a dbox2 /eurovox/fta101. dbox2 is definately the best with full epg channel info.
eurovox comes second with limited epg. but fta 101 is ok with limited epg but there is a long delay when switching channels which can be annoying so i would say eurovox is better than the fta101 as there is no delay when switching channels
there is more work in progress for the FTA101 for the bugs in the epg which will be fixed soon...

sijones said:
i stand corrected!!!!
sorry m8 just been asked that question about 1000 times
lol
what lead do i need....
emails and phone calls all day lmao

so it is a null modem that u need for a eurovox?
or a straight seriaL?
im confused.. in fact i'm Confucious...
in fact I'm Trevor f*c*kin McDonald outside f*c*kin Westminster :)
just gimme some truth

thanx .................. nurse

Yer took me a while to realise that the cable I've been using for years on my Dbox is a null modem cable and I need a straight through serial, Maplins was closed so I took a trip to PCWorld....what a JOKE!!!, they had everything EXCEPT for a 9pin F to F straight serial. :(
I came home and made my own cable but I think I got the wrong idea from the diagram i was using, in the diagram they only have pins 2-3-5 wired straight through so that's what I did but it didn't work, I suppose I should have connected the other 6 pins, doh!

witchy2k1 said:
Yer took me a while to realise that the cable I've been using for years on my Dbox is a null modem cable and I need a straight through serial, Maplins was closed so I took a trip to PCWorld....what a JOKE!!!, they had everything EXCEPT for a 9pin F to F straight serial. :(
I came home and made my own cable but I think I got the wrong idea from the diagram i was using, in the diagram they only have pins 2-3-5 wired straight through so that's what I did but it didn't work, I suppose I should have connected the other 6 pins, doh!
yep
i made one aswell as shops were shut when all the fta boxs arrived 9 wires straight no cross over ..
1 to 1
2 to 2
and so on wont take long m8 and then you can do your box just remember when your doing you 1 i had a load more to do lol for retail sellers....
:BLOBBY:

lololol, I've abandoned the idea of making my own lead and I'm off out to Maplins, last nigt i totally destroyed my null modem cable.....oops!

@witchy2k1
Maybe its easier to buy a female gender changer and use a normal serial cable, if your box needs a 1:1 serial cable.

mgb said:
@witchy2k1
Maybe its easier to buy a female gender changer and use a normal serial cable, if your box needs a 1:1 serial cable.
very true gender changer is a good idea...
i could'nt find one and shops were closed so me who cant wait made a cable... lmao

Yer when I was in Maplins I just got the changer, flashed the box in a few mnutes. I've got to say I'm totally underwhelmed, it's very slow to change channels and the EPG is non existant.

The tuner seems to be excellent, I get much better scan results with the FTA101 than I ever did on any Dbox.

I'll hold onto it a little longer to see if there are any promising developments but so far IMO the Dbox is MUCH better - although the Dbox is ugly compared to these little silver things.

witchy2k1 said:
but so far IMO the Dbox is MUCH better .

dOES IT MATTER WHICH DBOX YOU USE? (sorry about the caps:)

I've seen nokia + sagem dbox2 plus in the nokia i've noticed Avia 500 & Avia 600 chipsets.

Can anyone shed some light? thanks

I'd also like to know about the epg of these boxs
Is it a 7 day 1 day or just a now + next epg?

thanks

Try ZERO day EPG, there is none on the FTA101

Dbox2 has full EPG, is cheaper, faster and can do lots more.

fta 101

hi guys just to let you know i have all the files and a tutorial on how to do the fta 101 pm me for the files

also if any mods want me to put the tut on the forum they will have to show me how

Back