Eurovox ex1100 usb Noob in Distress :/

daleybugle

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey,

I just bought a Eurovox ex1100 USB, with the intent of running my Virgin Media feed through it. I thought this would be a fairly straight forward process, but I cant seem to get off the ground with this...

I am running my Virgin feed from the wall, into a 4 way splitter, with one of the outs running to my virgin box, the other to the eurovox.

When I scan, nothing is found, on any frequency, and all I get is a no signal display. When I get the info screen up it says the signal strength is 28%

I also have tried to flash the box, but when I attempt to update via USB it wont let me highlight that option, even though it does recognise my USB is plugged in.

I would REALLY appreciate any guidance on this, as im getting stressed now..

Thanks a lot

The file u put on ur usb must be named EX1100USB_SEP01.abs

Make sure u extract the file as is advised above

once u have extracted it to

EX1100USB_SEP01.abs

Put the firmware on the USB stick and put it in the receiver.
Press -> Menu>tools>Upgrade by USB,UPGRADE FILE- EX1100USB_SEP01.abs,UPGRADEMODE-S/W
and press RED button to flash and OK to confirm.

Hey,

I just bought a Eurovox ex1100 USB, with the intent of running my Virgin Media feed through it. I thought this would be a fairly straight forward process, but I cant seem to get off the ground with this...

I am running my Virgin feed from the wall, into a 4 way splitter, with one of the outs running to my virgin box, the other to the eurovox.

When I scan, nothing is found, on any frequency, and all I get is a no signal display. When I get the info screen up it says the signal strength is 28%

I also have tried to flash the box, but when I attempt to update via USB it wont let me highlight that option, even though it does recognise my USB is plugged in.

I would REALLY appreciate any guidance on this, as im getting stressed now..

Thanks a lot

Same boat as you with my ex1100 usb even after running the latest firmware update vua usb, still seeing 28% and no channels.

Did you get it sorted?

Same boat as you with my ex1100 usb even after running the latest firmware update vua usb, still seeing 28% and no channels.

Did you get it sorted?

Yeah I did mate, in the end I bought a new splitter n coaxial cable from amazon, you can get it bundled together for under a tenner ([ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000NHBNII/ref=ox_ya_oh_product]High Quality 2 Way F Connector Splitter with DC power: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]) Now it works ok, although it does freeze quite abit, but im guessing thats the firmware?

The file u put on ur usb must be named EX1100USB_SEP01.abs

Make sure u extract the file as is advised above

once u have extracted it to

EX1100USB_SEP01.abs

Put the firmware on the USB stick and put it in the receiver.
Press -> Menu>tools>Upgrade by USB,UPGRADE FILE- EX1100USB_SEP01.abs,UPGRADEMODE-S/W
and press RED button to flash and OK to confirm.

Hi I followed your instructions, but now my screen is black, how long do I wait?

Have you done a power scan??then leave it on slysports to update..

Back