Eurovox 7000Hd/5100PVR or a Markus-750????

buggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there
Was thinking of getting a Eurovox EX7000HD or the EX5100PVR for use of the pause live tv/record features they have but then someone pointed me in the direction of one these!

Here is it's spec:

Markus-750 is the revolutionary HDD recorder and HD media player. It can easily record user-made video from Camcorder or VCR as well as TV set top box into HDD. It will upscale any iTgate/Dreambox/Starview/Eurovox , as well as being your home media centre. It plays HD movie files up to (1920X1080). Through network it can playback and file copy from connected computers easily by remote control. Time shift function can pause the live TV program.
The 750 has an inbuilt DVB-T tuner, ( Freeview service,,,, no cams for mmds ),
Which also allows use of box as a freeview recorder...
Also a optional wireless dongle to make the box fully wireless. Timeshift to work with any A/V input( Scart and composite ) will turn any older set top box into a recording box,, ( using internal SATA drive ),,,, will let users pause live tv( with built in freeview or by AV input, i.e dreambox/itgate etc ),,, has a built in terrestrial tuner for freeview service,, and has 2 host usb's for allow connection of a external sata casing too. Has optional wireless dongle ( will do everythinig wirelessly )

Features

HD playback files like MPEG2 HD(TS), Divx HD, Xvid HD and etc.
One Touch Guide Menu
Multi-way File Copy
Time Shift
Pause Live TV
Various Connection
Digital Photo Album
Audio Juke Box
Home & On-The-Road
Internel HDD with SATA interface
Functions without HDD installed
Easy & Fancy HDD exchange
Many Language Support
Sata(i/ii) up to 1TB

SPECIFICATION

Recording Partition: UDF
Recording Mode: HQ,SP,LP,EP,SLP
Recording Format: MPEG II
File Partition: FAT32/NTFS
File Playback (VIDEO): MPEG2 HD(TS, TP) DIVX DH(AVI), XVID HD(AVI), MPEG1/2 (DAT.MPG.VOB.IFO), DIVX (AVI), XVID (AVI), DV25 (DIGITAL CAMCORDER)
File Playback (AUDIO): Dolby Digital, AC3, CDDA, LPCM, WMA, AAC, OGG
File Playback (PHOTO): JPEG, BMP (32bit)
WMV, MKV, H264, X264 files can be playback only with realtime transcoding depending on the codec in the computer and AV files characteristic thru Network

Connections (Rear) ANT IN x 1 : ANT OUT x 1: USB(Host) x 2, USB(Target), Lan, Component Out, Composite Out, Composite In, HDMI Out, Optical Out, Coaxial Out, Ext.IR In & DC in, 2 Euroscart ( Av in,, & TV out )
Input: AC 100V~240V, 50/60Hz
Extra DVB-T terrestrial Tuner

Does anyone know what there like or should i stick to a Eurovox?
Thanks

you wont get anything other than freeview on it, so you'll need a dodgy box as well.

its just that your thread title makes it look like your asking a question of either or m8.

its just that your thread title makes it look like your asking a question of either or m8.

Yeh sorry for the confusion.
Just that i fancied upgrading to a 7000HD so i would have the chance of pausing/recording live tv.
But then someone pointed me to a Markus-750.

Back