Eurosky or Systemsat Direct ?

BlizzardUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am going to buy a Spiderbox 9000 next week, saw them on EuroSky for £189 + £8 postage. Also saw them for £189 inc post on Systemsat Direct. Both seem to be reputable companies. One is £8 cheaper than the other, which would make you think I am likely to go for the cheaper, but would there be any advantage to me going with EuroSky ? Price isn't everything, after service is important.

Anyone used either of these companies ?

I am going to buy a Spiderbox 9000 next week, saw them on EuroSky for £189 + £8 postage. Also saw them for £189 inc post on Systemsat Direct. Both seem to be reputable companies. One is £8 cheaper than the other, which would make you think I am likely to go for the cheaper, but would there be any advantage to me going with EuroSky ? Price isn't everything, after service is important.

Anyone used either of these companies ?

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/225836/

grab yourself 5% off at eurosky mate:Clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
thumbs up for eurosky here. Really helpful guy and will go out his way to help and inform you.

Eurosky were superb for me. Email communications were first class as was the price. Definitely deal with them again.

just bought my 9000hd from eurosky and must say that the service was first class. i would recommend them 100%. regards mdt

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurosky for me top guy and VERY helpfull you wont go wrong :)

cheers

osborne82

Eurosky for me too.

They gave me a loan of a Spiderbox until my TM800 was available!

Thanks everyone for the info. Any idea how quick delivery is from EuroSky and is it from the UK ?

Finally, I hope to use my legit Sly HD card with the Spiderbox, so I can archive shows from HD sports channels and edit the ads out on my PC. Do I need to sign up and login somewhere to use the emulation needed to work with my legit card ? Or is it as simple as plugging it in, entering the box serial, and away I go ?

Thanks everyone for the great help :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the info. Any idea how quick delivery is from EuroSky and is it from the UK ?

Finally, I hope to use my legit **** card with the Spiderbox, so I can archive shows from HD sports channels and edit the ads out on my PC. Do I need to sign up and login somewhere to use the emulation needed to work with my legit card ? Or is it as simple as plugging it in, entering the box serial, and away I go ?

Delivery is great mate, next day I think. Yes he is in the uk mate. the process of what you want to do is straight fwd mate. you do it all from the menu and remote to add the relevant details.

Cool. I am going to order one right now from EuroSky with the discount code, thanks for the support and info everyone.

ewww that tm800 looks nicer and compact to the spider box what would we pick up with that on as you dont get gift with that one and what benefits would you have with the linux instead of spider i dont really understand it all yet so in english please lol

ewww that tm800 looks nicer and compact to the spider box what would we pick up with that on as you dont get gift with that one and what benefits would you have with the linux instead of spider i dont really understand it all yet so in english please lol

I think you would find the Spiderbox a better purchase mate.

It's cheap and very easy to use.

The TM800 is more powerful/versatile, but it's also nerdier, more exspensive and doesn't come with any sort of gift.

Also, the TM800 is still in developement, so you'll need to reflash it almost daily to keep up with the updates to the box.

Spiderbox may not be as nice looking, but it's great value for money, just don't assume that the 'gift' will last the entire year.

A spiderbox is a ok box to have....its cheap ! However if you get problems with it, you may encounter very serious problems getting straight forward answers. There is currently a fix for CCCam 2.1.3/4, but many people still have connection problems. If you want a box to connect to their server and you are prepared to gamble that the server will still be running in 12 months time, then go for it......If i had the money it would be a TM800...However i could only afford a Spiderbox 7000.

Finally, I hope to use my legit Sly HD card with the Spiderbox, so I can archive shows from HD sports channels and edit the ads out on my PC. Do I need to sign up and login somewhere to use the emulation needed to work with my legit card ? Or is it as simple as plugging it in, entering the box serial, and away I go ?

hi m8 yes your sly HD card will work and yes it is as simple as plugging it in and entering the boxkey and away you go

Thanks everyone !! When I install it tonight or tomorrow I might have yet more questions :)

Great service from EuroSky, got it today.

Just follow the sticky mate and you cant really go wrong. Picture quality is top notch.

The installation guide sticky is great, but I just have a few quick questions.

I have the machine up and running, great so far, but I can't get a hidden menu. Now, I presume this is because I haven't loaded any patches. The latest software I have on there is from March, or so the menu says. Do I just install the "New Developments Patch 5 June 2010" patch from the other sticky ? Or is there another one I am meant to install first ? I just want to make sure it is all setup with the latest of everything.

Also will the gift work when I install the patch ? I presume I wont even need it if my dish is only pointed at Sly, yes ? Also where will the box key option be ?

Thanks and sorry for being a total newbie, but a massive thanks to Manic01 as he has helped me a lot so far with his guide.

You need to install the latest patch mate, then go to accessory, network and press 1111.

boxkey - the boxkey is entered by menu accessory 3rd option down
when card is inserted bottom right press red key, enter your key there (thanks to afcoo7).

if your only on 28.2e then the gift aint going to be any good. just set your sat settings up, scan and hopefully thats you.

good luck mate. any problems post back.

Great, you are helping so much, thanks. Ok, so now, I have latest updates and patches. I see the N*S in the accessory menu that I click, which gives me input option for box key, it has a serial number there too. Do I use that serial number in a box number generator ? Or do I use the serial number from my Sly box ? Or are they both the same anyway ?

What is the use of a box key ? I ask this because I am sure when I used my old T-Rex with blue card Sly for premium channels and Sly box office with my FireDTV (a firewire box that connects to a PC) it worked with just the serial number. Is this is a new white card thing ?

Does anyone know of a safe generator site that wont send the key to the site owners ? haha.

EDIT : Just noticed the serial number listed in the N*S menu on the Spiderbox is different to that on my Sly box (looking at the menu). So which number do I use in the generator ? The one listed in the N*S menu or the Sly one ? Or is it even the printed one under the Sly HD box itself ? Sorry to be a pain with all the questions.

Last edited:
Back