European Super League: proped breakaway

So.................,

Forming the European Super League should not affect the Premier League, unless the other 14 teams decide that it should.
The upside is currently the 4 teams that would go into the Champions League next year would be
Leicester West Ham Everton and Leeds Utd.

Surely that would be worth watching.

If the rest of the teams in the league decide to vote the other 6 teams out, how much would Sky or BT pay to televise the Premier League without Man Utd Man City Liverpool and Chelsea (also Spurs and Arsenal). ???
It is the fact that these clubs give themselves the right to compete in this league. Arsenal, Man Utd were not even in Champions League. You have to earn the right to take part not just appoint yourself. A big match against Real Madrid or Barcelona is a big match because it doesn’t happen very often. Look where Blackburn are now - Former PL winners. Success now doesn’t mean success forever.

Throw the players out the Euro's and World Cup, African Nations and Copa America ................................................ Again they will just organise their own world cup and they will have the better players so FIFA will lose revenue because broadcasters will want to televise the better players..
Pmsl now that's a classic statement a:-
"World Champions League Country Super World Cup Trophy Tournement"

The players could all line up against a wall then the owners can "it dit dab"
similar to the NFL draft

Me personally I'm only concerned about the money that filters down to the lower Leagues from the Prem.
As for the clubs that join ? See ya

It is the fact that these clubs give themselves the right to compete in this league. Arsenal, Man Utd were not even in Champions League. You have to earn the right to take part not just appoint yourself..
apologies for my error which was helpfully pointed out to me via a PM. Man Utd did qualify for Champions League this year. They then dropped into another competition when they got knocked out early. The point remains the same about the need to earn the place, especially for those that do not qualify but think they should be included every year anyway.

Let me get this right, this is not an independent League were they leave the Prem, this is a revamp of the Champions League were all the greedy fat f**k clubs gorge on the Asian TV money , am I right ?.
So they want a "Mid week" mini League to run along the Prem ?. OK lets see the players agree to playing Sat/Tues Sun/Mon for 9 - 10months along with internationals FA Cup and Carabao Cup which will be their under 23's sides. F**k me, managers are already moaning their backsides off at the current fixture congestion wait till these players are never at home living out a suit case. Flying to Italy then straight up to Newcastle then off to Madrid.

Have your cake and eat it comes to mind. The only reason these forgien clubs are involved it because they are going bust Barca been 1 billion euro in debt. Like I said before, my only concerns are for the likes of League One/Two and the pyramid clubs who need the pittance that filters down.

I hear the voice of Everton club coming out and condoning the ESL this morning. I wonder if they would have the same frame of mind if they were one of the 5 clubs who were to get an invite. Like the neighbor you cant stand invites you to a slap up party free booze. Call them all week then shake their hand as the invites passed over, more faces than a church clock.

A little rumour was it will be PPV per match of around £15 - £20 per match. I can see Amazon now rubbing their hands, not with the live stream money but with the firestick sales

yip Chelsea & Man C have seen the errors of their ways :D

was doomed from the start

Ed Woodward resigns :D
I believe Agnelli has resigned too

surely will all have to leave via the exit door never to return

I guess Ed Woodward doesn't want fireworks thrown at his house again !!

So pleased it’s over. Will take a while for people to forget and move on. The sense of distrust that will remain for any future Premier League meetings. Sounds like Woodward was the one who was not going to be invited back so at least he is going. What was nice was that it United rival fans (mostly) in a way that would have been difficult to predict given the tribalism in football.

Leeds & Liverpool fans outside Elland Road Monday all as one no trouble between them, there to get their point across.
ffs I bet it were like the Christmas day truce in WWI, a game of footy on the car park,
good job they'd started to F off home before they knew Liverpool had left

It's only a matter of time before all the so called big clubs reverse their descision and join hands like the band of brothers and f**k off from the Prem.

Most of these clubs rely on sponsorship commercial deals and TV money, gate money from the paying fan will soon be peanuts compared to the new deals they'll sign with any new Euro Super League.

And as for these loyal fans stamping their feet and waving their pointless banners? It won't do a thing to change your owners minds.

You better have very deep pockets and an understanding gaffer because flying around Europe doesn't come cheap good luck for the away day trip

Back